Part of the fun of creating your own products is having pretty labels. I’ve been making labels from the very beginning of my DIY skin care journey once I realized not just any old label would cut it. With many of the recipes found on this blog, a waterproof label is needed as well as a sturdy label that can go through the dishwasher or sterilizer. Sticker You has always been my label company of choice and today I wanted to give you a few new labels I’ve created.
Since so many of my homemade products are in my medicine cabinet, labels are a must since my daughters are well trained to use my jars of vapor rub, allergy balm, ear ache roll on and healing salve as needed.
A few years ago I wrote THIS post about how I create my labels and have them printed at Sticker You. I share lots of my personal labels so after you read this be sure to head there to find more!
HOW TO CREATE LABELS:
- I google “retro fabric” or “60’s wallpaper”. Weird and random, but I love anything retro and I wanted my labels to reflect that.
- Once I find a picture I like, I upload it to PicMonkey. Using their user-friendly tools, I can easily create a label. I typically keep my labels around 500 x 500 for best quality.
- After I’ve created a label, I save it to my computer then head to Sticker You.
- Select CREATE at the top of the main Sticker You page.
- Then choose LABELS
- WHITE VINYL
- UPLOAD FROM MY COMPUTER.
- After your picture uploads, you can select the shape you would like your label to be.
- Once you hit CONTINUE, your picture will be on the page maker and you can stretch or shrink it to the size you’d like. Typically, labels range from 2-3 inch squares for larger bottles and 1.5-2 inch squares for smaller bottles. For round labels, 1.5-2 inch circles work well.
- Fill your page up! Sticker You charges by the page not the sticker so make as many as you can fit on a page!
- Once you’ve uploaded your pictures they will be in the My Design tab and you can drop and drag them into the page maker if you need duplicates of the same label.
Below are a few of my personal labels you are welcome to! Click on the picture you want, save it to your computer and then upload to Sticker You using the directions above!
Also, it may seem that Sticker You’s shipping estimate is too long but I always receive my labels before their estimated date. Also, the more pages of labels you order, the cheaper each page becomes!