Today is a good day to make a Homemade Neosporin!! I don’t know about your kids, but my kids have boo boos constantly! I’m not even sure how they get half of them (they probably get them while I’m working on this blog!). As usual, Neosporin, an old staple everyone has always used has harmful ingredients. The main thing with Neosporin is that it is petroleum based. I decided to come up with an all organic salve that would replace our worn out and toxic Neosporin.
This DIY healing salve is great for so many ailments!
- cuts and scrapes
- bug bites
- dry skin
- heals cracked hands, lips and heels
- break outs
- diaper rash
Basically this is the Superman of all salves! It will do everything short of the dishes!
Homemade Neosporin Ingredients:
Due to Lavender, Tea Tree (melaleuca), Lemon and Frankincense essential oils it is antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal!! Frankincense acts as a coagulant, helping to stop bleeding from wounds and cuts as well as helps re new and repair skin cells.
Coconut Oil is crazy healing and Olive Oil is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
Beeswax is also moisturizing but mainly it creates a barrier over the skin which heals and protects while the oils seep in to get to work!
It’s so easy to make and so great to keep close! It’s mommy’s “magic balm” that heals all boo boos!
More DIY Essential Oil Balms:
- DIY Tiger Balm
- Calendula Tamanu Healing Salve
- Activated Charcoal Healing Balm
- DIY Smith’s Rosebud Salve
- Gardener’s Soothing Hand Salve
- DIY Vaseline
- DIY Vapor Rub
DIY Neosporin Healing Salve Recipe:
- 1/4 cup unrefined organic coconut oil (find it HERE)
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil (find it HERE)
- 1 HEAPING Tbsp. organic beeswax (find it HERE)
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil (find it HERE)
- 12 drops Frankincense essential oil (find it HERE)
- 10 drops Lemon essential oil (find it HERE)
- 8 drops Tea Tree (a.k.a melaleuca) essential oil (find it HERE)
- Fill a pot half way full with water and place a glass bowl with a spout inside. (I call this a double boiler)
- Add your coconut oil, olive oil and beeswax to the glass bowl.
- Once beeswax and oils are completely melted, remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Pour into desired containers.
This recipe makes about 5 ounces. I like to put mine in a variety of containers. The jars are great for at home, and the tins and lip balm tubes are excellent for on the go!
I find my tins, tubes and jars HERE.
This homemade neosporin healing salve is a multipurpose DIY that is easy to make. The combination of essential oils is my absolute favorite scent ever and by far, this is the one homemade product I never leave home without.