Heels are such a problem, especially in cold weather months! Heck, they’re a problem in the summer too! Going barefoot wreaks havoc on the bottoms of feet. In fact, speaking of summer, have you ever had super cute sandals on only to ruin it with heels that look like they belong to a 100 year old?! The best thing for heels is consistency. Keeping that heel file handy and having a nourishing foot balm is key. Today, you guessed-let’s make a heel salve!!
I have been making this recipe for a long time. Unfortunately I wish I could say I stay on top of my heels. I so don’t but when I do, I need some big bang for my buck. First, I need a foot file that is hard core. Second, I need a foot balm that will nourish and heal extremely damaged and dehydrated skin.
DIY Eucalyptus Lemon Heel Salve
- Fill a medium pot half way full with water and sit a glass pyrex measuring cup inside the pot.
- Place on the stove and turn heat to medium.
- Add beeswax, macadamia nut oil and olive oil and heat until beeswax is fully melted.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils.
- Pour into a 4 ounce jar (like THIS)
- Allow to completely cool, then ENJOY!
I find THIS type of foot file works wonders!
One more thing-this is an easy DIY. No preservative is needed and heating, melting and pouring is really all it takes. This would be the perfect birthday gift for someone along with the file! It’s a great way to educate our friends and family on homemade SAFE products!