I’m not one to complain about things I can’t change but GEEEEZZZZZ!! All day I’m grumbling about this cold weather! I live in a very dry climate that usually stays semi mild during the winter but this winter has been a killer. As I write this, the fire is on, space heater is on, I’m under a fur blanket and am still freezing.
Anyway-there I go again. Browsing Pinterest one day I was reminded of the power of essential oils and knew what I had to do-SHUT UP AND DIFFUSE!
Let’s get into some essential oil diffuser blends + room spray recipes that will lift your spirits, improve brain fog and naturally freshen the air in your home!
There are many amazing benefits of diffusing. Most of which we discussed in THIS post. Essential oils really do have power to boost your mood!
Oils That Boost Mood:
Get creative and start mixing! There are no rules!
- 10 drops Bergamot Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 6 drops Scotch Pine Essential Oil (find it HERE) or Cypress Essential Oil (find it HERE)
Midnight Forrest Room Spray:
- 25 drops Bergamot Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 6 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 18 drops Scotch Pine Essential Oil (find it HERE) or Cypress Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 1 TBSP. Witch Hazel or Vodka
- Top off with Distilled Water
Lemon/Lime Love Diffuser Blend:
- 12 drops Lime Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 12 drops Lemon Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 3 drops of Rose Essential Oil (find it HERE) or Palmarosa Essential Oil (find it HERE)
*Since rose essential oil is so expensive, I’ve actually been adding rose water to my diffuser along with the lemon and lime. I searched high and low looking for a possible reason this could hurt my diffuser and can not find one so proceed with caution if you’d like to use hydrosol instead of distilled water. I did linked Palmarosa because it is a more affordable way to get the scent of rose. However it is diluted with geranium.
Lemon/Lime Room Spray:
- 20 drops Lime Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 20 drops Lemon Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 1/2 full of Rose Hydrosol (find it HERE)
- 1/2 full of distilled water
Summer Dreamin’ Diffuser Blend:
- 10 drops Lemon Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 5 drops Bergamot Essential Oil (find it HERE)
This blend is my ALL TIME fave. Play around with the proportions. I love a citrusy punch, plus the lavender is naturally stronger so it will come through the lemon and bergamot naturally.
If you’re like me and pining away for warmer days, try out these recipes. I’ve been using my midnight forest room spray on my linens as well as diffusing it constantly! Plus, diffusing essential oils can be great for air quality as well!
I just thought-adding these blends to essential oil jewelry might be a very efficient way to reap their mood boosting benefits wherever you go! To find out how to make stylish, but easy essential oil jewelry, go HERE.
Be aware that if you have cats, diffusing citrus oils can be harmful. Go HERE for more on that.
MORE ESSENTIAL OIL POSTS:
- 5 Essential Oils to Never be Without
- Essential Oils 101
- DIY Healing Salve (neosporin)
- Essential Oils for Allergies
- Skin Benefits of Geranium Essential Oil
- Essential Oil Conversions and Dilutions
- DIY Thieves Blend
- Essential Oils and Photosensitivity
- Essential Oils and Pregnancy
THIS diffuser comes with great reviews and has a remote!
I have tried the Lime/Lavender before sleep and I can tell you I slept like a baby. And the best part is that in the morning I woke up so refreshed with no tiredness.
I feel like I am the last person in the world to get a diffuser. Finally got one last weekend. I have been loving sweet orange but I’m going to start doing some mix and match. I have rosemary and cypress…will have to see what else is in the collection! And totally agree…lavender really helps with sleep. I have some in a roller ball mixed with a carrier oil and I keep it next to my bed…definitely helps me chill!
I love Spark’s “At Peace” oil. It’s very calming!
Pingback: Winter Blues? 3 Mood Lifting Diffuser Blends + Room Spray Recipes! | | Essential Oils Life Boost
I think you’re perfectly justified in whining! We’ve all been through so much this last year!
What has kept my sanity is I’m a quiltmaker. I’ve made so many quilts lately! Seriously, if you have a
hobby you love it will help.
No experience with CBD but love your recipes! I have 2 kitties so some of them won’t work here but that’s okay.
I love spraying my bed linens Ahhhh!
A question- on your other blog it showed a pic of nail colors. Any ideas?
Take care and keep warm 🙂
PS. Love MRH!!!
I’ve been with an mlm oil company for several years but really prefer edens garden essential oils! Much lower prices, similar favorite “blends” and free shipping 🙌🏻🙌🏻
Donna-I like Eden’s Garden too! I ended up going with Plant Therapy (if not MRH) because they repeatedly came highly recommended. Plus their price is so much better than most. I’m so glad there are quite a few essential oil companies available that aren’t astronomically priced like YL!