Valentine’s Day is around the corner and while I will be happy at home with a HUGE box of chocolates, a glass of rosé, my kitties, puppy and a good horror movie (lol, but really), I realize many of you will be out on the town with your other half! I thought I would suggest a pretty makeup look that is super simple to re create! Plus, I’ve used all 100 Percent Pure makeup which is totally safe and natural for your skin. Their Fruit Pigmented Pomegranate Oil Anti Aging Lipstick in Poppy is to die for and tends to look great on all skin tones!
For this look, it’s pink all the way with a punch of red on the lips! Apply foundation, highlighter and blush first. Highlighter is very important to this look. I use 100 Percent Pure’s Luminating Créme in Northern Lights. Apply it to the cheekbones, above the lip and down the bridge of the nose. Highlighting gives the skin a healthy, young glow. It is imperative to check your face in different lighting to make sure you haven’t over done it though. You don’t want to look streaky or appear as if you are going to a rave. For my cheek and eyes, I used 100 Percent Pure’s Pretty Naked ll palette.
- Using an iridescent white/cream color, apply as a base from lash to brow. Use extra in between the eyes and on the brow bone.
- Using your blush color, apply in and around the eye sockets blending outwards. Leave the majority of the lid free of pink.
- Using an angled brush, apply pink under the bottom lashes.
- Fill in brows liberally. Darker brows help to balance the red lip. I use THIS brow gel for a natural look.
- Curl lashes. Curled lashes are a must for a feminine look!
- Apply 2 coats of black mascara.
- Apply red lipstick. I didn’t apply a lip liner but it could be helpful to keep red lipstick in the right place!
Tips for Red Lips:
- Exfoliate first! Use your toothbrush to scrub away dead skin.
- Use a mask! Try a lip mask or use your face mask for dry skin.
- Highlight the top of your lip to enhance the look!
- Apply a thin layer chapstick before you start applying makeup.
I absolutely love 100 Percent Pure’s lipsticks. They feel wonderful, last a long time and are completely free of harmful ingredients. Plus, 100% Pure is 100% cruelty free! While I wear a nude most of the time, I forgot how red actually stays on so much longer. Minor touch ups are all you need to keep this look going for hours.
Since my skin tone and eyes are more cool then warm, pink shades work well. If you have brown eyes and a warmer skin tone you could go for a blush that has more brown tones. Peaches work great for warmer skin tones. All though I have not personally tried this red lipstick on a warmer complexion, I do believe it is a neutral shade that works well with most skin tones.
I hope you all have a fun Valentine’s Day! I wanted to get this post out early so you would have time to get this lipstick before the big night. It’s so imperative to wear natural lip products-not only do they penetrate the skin, we also end up ingesting quite a bit of it!
And if you’re single-when you really think about it, red lipstick is an even better idea!
More Makeup Tutorials
- Makeup Techniques for a Hooded Eye
- Pacifica Holiday Look
- Cat Eye Made Easy
- Big Lip Makeup Techniques
- How to Contour
- A New Year’s Eve Look