Today let’s make a Dry Skin Stick! I’m using mine constantly. This is similar to my Dry Skin Roll On, but I am using oils that are more luxurious and better suited for the skin. Because there is no water added this stick is potent! I keep it by my bed so I can swipe it across my cheeks and forehead. It helps combat dry patches and feeds my skin nourishment!
As the base for this stick I chose Apricot Kernel Oil. It is light and quickly absorbs and hydrates the inner layers of your skin. It contains Gamma Linoleic Acid which helps balance the oil production in your skin. This acid also helps tone and firm up your skin. The Vitamin A and Vitamin E in apricot oil slow down the signs of aging! Apricot Kernel Seed Oil is great for sensitive skin and can be used on chapped skin and even sunburns!
Shea butter is thick and rich and moisturizes like crazy! It also helps to rebuild collagen! Need I say more!? Vitamin E is a great antioxidant. It also helps prolong the shelf life of your creation. Beeswax is also helpful for protecting the skin as well as thickening your balm.
I used a blend of Rosemary essential oil, Myrrh essential oil and Lavender essential oils in this stick. Rosemary rejuvenates and improves circulation. It also helps hydrate by encouraging your skin to produce oil. Lavender is wonderful for preventing bacteria that can cause acne and clogged pores. Myrrh is amazing for dry chapped skin.
Homemade Apricot Myrrh Dry Skin Stick
- 1 TBSP. Apricot Kernel Oil (buy it HERE)
- 2 tsp. Shea Butter (buy it HERE)
- 1.5 tsp. Beeswax (buy it HERE)
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E (but it HERE)
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (buy it HERE)
- 10 drops Myrrh essential oil (buy it HERE)
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil (buy it HERE)
- Fill a medium sized pot half way full with water.
- Place a glass bowl with a spout in your pot.
- Add the first 4 ingredients to glass bowl.
- Turn stove top on medium.
- Once all 4 ingredients are melted remove from heat.
- Add essential oils.
- Pour into containers and let cool.
There you have it-A simple recipe for a lovely, high end and luxurious tool for soothing and feeding your skin! Did I mention it feels amazing?!
Find 1 ounce cardboard tubes HERE.