Learn how to make a homemade mocha Frappuccino with cleaner ingredients, less sugar and no dairy! This recipe is a creamy, satisfying treat you’ll want to make daily! Not only will this recipe save you money, it will save you a lot of unhealthy ingredients that are in the original version!
Ok, let’s get real….. I LOVE Frappuccinos. I don’t indulge in them often, but when I do I savor every last drop! Well, come to find out, like most things, it’s FULL OF CRAP! Being a carb/sugar conscious kind of girl I was alarmed to find out that there are 83 carbs in a venti frap. Not to mention 79 grams of sugar. Oh, and high fructose corn syrup??? The poisonous ingredient I jump hurdles around to keep away from my children??? Yeah, it’s full of it. Pick your jaw off the floor, if you need to see it for yourself go HERE. Shake it off and read on because being the DIYer that I am, I found a way to make it at home in a much healthier way!
I could do a HUGE post on the dangers of non organic coffee that is full of pesticides and harmful chemicals. Plus the artificial flavors, preservatives and sketchy ingredients in many sweet coffee drinks, but I won’t. I just don’t feel like being boring today. You get the point, right? Let’s just make something yummy and get on with life.
You Might also Like:
Homemade Frappuccino Recipe
3 cups of ice
- Mix honey and cocoa powder with a spoon.
- Sit aside
- Open a can of coconut cream and remove the thickened creamy part from the top. You can save the rest for a smoothie!
- Add cream to a cold bowl. (I refrigerated my metal bowl for about 10-15 minutes.)
- Drizzle 2 tsp. of honey over cream.
- Whisk with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/2 cup of whipped cream and 3 tbsp of chocolate syrup to coffee base and blend in blender.
- Pour in glass and add the remainder of whipped cream to the top of your frap.
- Drizzle the rest of your chocolate on top of the whipped cream.
Healthy Homemade Frappuccino Additives:
- 1 TBSP. Coconut oil (makes everything creamier)
- 1 TBSP. Chia Seeds (tasteless but full of protein and fiber)
Tips on Homemade Frappuccino Making:
- You don’t have to go through the trouble of whipping the coconut cream if you don’t have time-you can just add a 1/2 cup coconut milk instead. You’ll save on calories, fat and time this way.
- You can add 2 TBSP. of cocoa powder and 4 TBSP. of honey right into the blender and skip making the chocolate syrup. ALSO, reduce/add these ingredients to your own need for sweetness and chocolate taste.
There you have it! This homemade frappuccino recipe can be a bit labor intensive and high on the calorie side, but it is made with clean ingredients and is really a treat!
And before you get worried about the fat content, coconut is well known for speeding up metabolism. Coconut cream/milk has almost double the amount of magnesium then cow’s milk, not to mention more calcium in comparison to cow’s milk.
The benefits of raw honey are immense and quite conveniently, it can serve as the sugar for many sweet recipes! While there is still fat in the cream and sugar in the honey, it is a much cleaner and healthier way to get your sweet coffee fix.
I don’t believe in depriving yourself, but if you can make a homemade Frappuccino at home for a fraction of the crap and a fraction of the price-DO IT!