I’m shameless in the fall when it comes pumpkin spice. I have countless posts based around pumpkins, I burn highly toxic pumpkin candles for the months September and October (shameful, I know) and indulge in eating pumpkin spice anything as often as possible. Sometimes you have to indulge in the joys of life whether they are healthy or not. However, thanks to Mommypotamus, I’ve started making my own Healthy Pumpkin Spice Lattes and limiting my intake of the crap ingredients that are in Starbuck’s drinks! This at home version is much easier on the bank account too!
I’ve tweaked this recipe just a bit and sometimes I don’t put the collagen in so it is doable without it but I must say, the collagen adds a lovely thickness to it and is a great way to boost your wellness!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
- 1 cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup Cashew Milk
- 1 TBSP. Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1-2 tsp. Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 scoop Collagen Peptides (find it HERE) *optional*
- Top w/ Whipped Cream *optional*
- Brew a strong pot of coffee.
- In a sauce pan add all the ingredients minus the coffee and heat to the desired temp that you would drink your coffee.
- Add the contents of the sauce pan in to a blender. Blending is necessary to smooth out the ingredients as well as give your drink froth.
- Add the coffee and mixture into a cup, top with whip and enjoy!
Hints & Tips:
- You can use any kind of milk you prefer. I use cashew in my coffee because I find it to be the creamiest nut milk. You can use regular milk or even oat milk.
- I prefer making coffee in a French Press in order to get it very strong. If you haven’t tried it, you should. They are cheap and make your coffee very rich and robust.
- I use a Magic Bullet for these homemade drinks. It defintely works better then a big blender.
- Sweetening this recipe is very much up to your preference. I don’t like my coffee very sweet so 1 teaspoon is enough.
- If you’d like to make this recipe even richer, add a tablespoon of grass-fed butter. Trust me….
- Collagen peptides are optional but they are one of the few supplements I still take. I wrote THIS post on their benefits along with the other supplements I find make a big difference. You can use my code JENNI10 to get 10% off too!
If you love pumpkin spice too, you’ve got to try this recipe! There really is some very dodgy ingredients in a Starbuck’s drink so indulging in a Pumpkin Latte more then once in a while could be a bad idea. Go HERE for my recipe for a Mocha Frappuccino where I talk more about what’s lurking in your Starbucks!
More Homemade Drink Recipes:
Happy pumpkin spice season, I mean fall!