You’ll be excited to know, this DIY is a major anti aging must-have! I made my first batch of my DIY Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Defense Serum several months ago and have used it ever since! This DIY is actually a request from a reader who pointed me in the direction of the Wrinkle Defense Complex from Lotion Crafter. She wondered if I had tried it and since I hadn’t even heard of it, I promptly did some research, found out it was safe and bought it! Turns out is a great addition to a hyaluronic acid serum making it a doubly effective skin serum!
First off, I want to address something I learned lately. Dry skin is something I struggle with. However, despite the hundreds of DIYs on this blog, I’m a skin care minimalist so I tend to keep my routine very simple. I also gave up on facial lotions a while ago because I believe facial oils are so much more effective for dry skin. One key fact I was missing was that water acts as a vehicle to help drive the oils into the skin. This is why I’ve incorporated a water based serum to use before my facial oil to help drive my facial oil deep into my pores. Hence, this new DIY serum was born.
This serum contains Hyaluronic Acid which is imperative for youthful looking skin. We actually product hyaluronic acid but as we age, production drops off dramatically beginning at middle age. Hyaluronic acid grabs and holds on to water. Basically, young skin is well-hydrated. The water is what makes young skin look even, wrinkle free and healthy. Old skin is dehydrated, wrinkled and dull. Restore moisture in the skin and you can restore a healthy glow! It’s really that simple.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid:
- Plumps fine lines and wrinkles!
- Repairs the barrier of our skin.
- Eradicates free-radical damage.
- Smooths and softens skin.
- Increases elasticity!
- Heals damaged tissue.
- Protects from UV rays.
Wrinkle Defense Complex:
Wrinkle Defense Serum is a powerful anti aging ingredient. It actually relaxes facial tension leading to a reduction in superficial facial line and wrinkles. It restricts, repairs and restores the skin’s appearance. This ingredient offers long term and short term benefits!
According to Lotion Crafter,
Wrinkle Defense Complexis an anti-aging compound containing a blend of 55% Argireline® and 45% Matrixyl™ 3000. Argireline® is a hexapeptide composed of amino acids. Matrixyl™ 3000 contains two matrikines, Pal-GHK and Pal-GQPR. Acting as messengers of cutaneous restructuration and repair, these two peptides work synergistically to restore and maintain the skin’s youthful appearance.
Wrinkle Defense Complex is soluble in water so it can not be used in facial oils. It can be used in water based products up to 9%.
It is odorless and watery, making it very easy to use.
DIY Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Defense Serum
- I use a condiment bottle like THIS and add all the ingredients to it with a funnel.
- Replace the lid and shake.
- Put in the fridge for 4-24 hours so that the hyaluronic acid will dissolve and thicken.
- Place in 1/2 ounce-1 ounce glass dropper bottles.
A few things…
- I prefer to use High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid. It doesn’t penetrate as deeply as Low Molecular Weight but there is evidence that when HA penetrates too deeply it can cause inflammation. With HMW HA you will enjoy a plumped, dewy look to your skin immediately after applying but long term benefits aren’t there.
- Leucidal Liquid is the preservative and unless you plan to make a tiny batch and use up within a week, it’s a must. It’s natural and effective, has no smell and is easy to add. It’s also cheap.
- Instead of using rose water, feel free to use a distilled water.
- If you’re not interested in using hyaluronic acid as your base, you can use aloe vera gel. It will work nicely with the Wrinkle Defense Complex.
- Hyaluronic Acid tends to vary from brand to brand when it comes to thickness. My serum is always very watery but I don’t mind. I have linked the exact HA powder I always use so I can’t vouch for any others.
- Lavender, Geranium and Carrot Seed essential oils are optional. I love to add them because they are my favorite essential oils when it comes to the skin.
It’s taken me a while to post this DIY because I wanted to possibly sale it in my Etsy shop. I’ve prepared a few bottles and listed them in my Etsy shop HERE if you’d like to purchase rather then DIY!
This DIY serum has become a staple in my skin care routine! I forgot how much I enjoy a hyaluronic acid serum!! This is one powerful anti aging product that I hope you’ll make! It’s very easy yet a great addition to your skin care routine!