In this post, I’m going to give you a thorough 100 Percent Pure Makeup Review. I’ve bought quite a few of their makeup products in the hopes of cleaning up my makeup routine and have been wearing each product daily for several weeks now.
I discovered 100 Percent Pure after learning my makeup brand of choice was not as safe and natural as they claimed to be. I had heard of this skincare/makeup company for sometime but had never tried it. The day I knew I needed a new makeup line to wear and share, I stumbled upon their site only to find they were offering 20% off everything! Was it a sign? I think so! I received my order promptly, dug right in and have never looked back! I am currently using all 100 Percent Pure makeup with the exception of foundation and I have a lot to tell you about these amazing products!
About 100 Percent Pure Cosmetics:
Founded in a Napa, California farmhouse in 2005 and now based in Silicon Valley, 100% PURE is an organic cosmetics beauty firm focused on providing healthy skin care, color cosmetics plus bath and body products. Completely free of all harmful toxins, 100% PURE® is a healthy and pure line of nourishing personal care items made only with the highest quality ingredients. 100% natural and 100% cruelty-free, all products are completely, 100% free of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives and all other toxins. Beauty, as pure as it is powerful. Truly, health food for your skin.
What I’m Wearing:
- Pretty Naked 11 Palette: This palette contains a highlighter, blush and 3 eye shadows. I have all 5 on in the photos below. What I love about these powders is the prolonged wear-ability. I’m notorious for loads of clumpy shadow in my crease. Despite primers and base shadows, I could not seem to remedy this issue. 100 Percent Pure’s shadows wear well all day and have greatly cut down on my eye shadow clumps!! The blush color is really natural but highly pigmented so it takes very little. I love highlighters and have this one above my upper lip, under my brows, on my cheek bones and between my eyes. I feel like it’s subtle which is a good thing. I will say that the shadow colors in this palette are on the darker side and I will replace this palette with THIS one next time.
- Long Last Brows: This is my all time favorite brow product! I’ve tried so many and was a bit apprehensive about applying it from a pot with a brush but it’s so simple and goes on with little skill. It wears all day long just as the name suggests and is very natural looking. I am in great need of a brow tint so as you can see, this product does the trick! I’m using “soft brown”.
- Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara: Many of you know how picky I am with mascara. I am so happy to say that I love this mascara. 100% Pure has newer mascara but this one was recommended. I have 2 coats on in the picture and it gives my lashes a lengthened, thick look. Like the shadows, the mascara stays put all day. I am not finding racoon eyes every time I pass a mirror. In fact, by the end of the day, it looks just as good as when I initially applied it! This is huge for a natural mascara! I am wearing the color Black Tea.
- Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze in Coquette: This lipstick is 100% natural. I can’t even believe how long lasting it is. My go-to lipstick from Tarte had a great color but it did not last long and was not as natural as I like. I couldn’t be happier with this lipstick. I chose this color thinking it had more of a peach undertone but it does not. It is more of a cool pink/mauve. Like the cream stick, it is darker then I usually wear but I think the color is flattering for all skin tones.
I have really done my research this time and truly believe that these cosmetics are of the up most quality as well as perfectly safe. The performance of these makeup products is amazing and I can honestly say, Tarte does not compare to 100 Percent Pure. Not only is 100 Percent Pure much more natural, I believe it out performs Tarte as well!
More 100 Percent Pure Posts:
- 1 Year Later 100 Percent Pure Hits & Misses
- A Romantic Makeup Look
- Swap it Out: Tarte Cosmetics vs. 100 Percent Pure
- The 3 Best 100 Percent Pure Makeup Products
- Sun Goddess Makeup Look by 100 Percent Pure
- 100 Percent Pure Makeup Haul Review
If you have already discovered 100 Percent Pure, please share your favorite products below!
Shop 100 Percent Pure HERE.
Jenni, thanks for spreading the word about one of my favorite companies! I have reviewed a number of their products over at happy, healthy and hot. I LOVE the shampoo and conditioner. Have tried the honey coconut which smells amazing and makes my hair so soft. Also the one for shine…forget what it is called. All of their body creams/butters are great. I am a total sucker for vanilla so that is my fave. Their coffee bean eye cream is really nice and reasonably priced. I have used it all over my face. I use the same mascara you do…love it! Also the lip caramel…intense color for a gloss. Feels great, not gloppy. Now I have to try the brow color…I was worried about applying with brush but I’ll give it a try! Oh, and the charcoal sponge?? Crazy. Love it so much!
I have become obsessed with 100% Pure-I love their products! I have been using the organic Rose Water sensitive skin cleaning foam. It feels so good on my skin, Its so soft after using it. I got the Organic Matcha Anti-Aging Moisturizer at the same time-it seems to be the perfect formula for me.(combo skin) The Herbal Detox Mask has a cooling sensation to it and dries up any breakouts. I have gotten 2 colors of nail polish. The colors are awesome! The fruit pigmented lip glaze in Velveteen is perfect for my coloring-the texture is smooth. The cocoa pigmented bronzer in cocoa grow is beautiful. I use very-very little but it’s become one of my favorites! I have based my purchases for colored items-especially on reviews. The reviewers seem to describe the colors better then the actual pictures on their website. The matte primer feels incredible. The Kelp & Mint volumizing shampoo & conditioner are really good and smells great! As you can see I love everything I have tried and can’t wait to try more in the future. By the way I am not getting your blog any longer-I don’t know why- could you look into it! Thank you!
Kerry-Thanks for sharing what you’ve used! I’m so excited to keep digging into their products! My blog subscription is always an issue! I believe subscriber used to get an email each time I posted but that no longer happens and I haven’t been able to find out why. I occasionally post a newsletter but I’m sporadic with that. I’ll look into it. Would you prefer to get an email each time I post?
Thanks for all your info Kerri! I was thinking about trying the nail polish but haven’t yet. And now I’m thinking I might try the volumizing shampoo next. I can’t believe how good everything smells and how well it works!
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of essential oils and the various brands out there; you have saved me the hassle of discovering it on my own, the hard way. I love Spark Naturals and have spent a small fortune already! Thank you too for the 10% off my SN orders!! Your DIY recipes and your knowledge on the use of essential oils has been invaluable! Truly! I am no longer getting your blogs either! I signed up again today!
Looking forward to learning more from you!
Cheri! Thank you so much! I hope the sign up works-I have lots of issues with it and only send out newsletters occasionally. I believe people that signed up used to get an email each time I posted but that no longer happens. I’ll look into it. It’s a constant headache!
Love, , love my 100%Pure products. I’ve had to cut myself off from buying anymore for a few months. The mascara is the first I’ve used that has not irritated my eyes. I am currently trying out their 2nd skin foundation. Love how it makes my skin feel so silky.
Bronwyn-I need to explore their foundations but I’m afraid I won’t pick a good color and have to return it-does it seem to blend to your skin color well? I know what you mean-I’ve had to cut myself off too!
I love their long lasting brows too! It’s enough of a close shade to my natural very dark hair without giving me the dreaded Groucho look XD
I have reviewed their foundations and published some swatches if that’s of any help! I find their BB cream to be the absolute best as it’s very easy to blend and comes off very naturally.
How do you feel about their mascaras though? The last one I purchased irritated my eyes to no end…
Hi! I love the black tea mascara. I have very sensitive eyes and haven’t had an issue. Mascaras are so hard to find the right one!
what Foundation do you recommend?
Janean-I actually have never tried their foundation because there are so many to choose from and so many colors. I don’t have a 100% Pure store in my state so I’m concerned at picking the right one since they are pricey. I use Dusty Girls Earth Clay and really like it though. I have a post on it HERE.
Are they cruelty free? For a while they had no stores in china. Is this still true because china demands animal testing. Thank you.
Erin-I know they are cruelty free here in the US, Canada and Europe. China, I don’t know. You would need to contact them via their website in China. I hope they are-I didn’t know China demanded it.
I’d really like to give the 100% Pure mascara a try, but cost has been pretty prohibitive for me. When I switched to natural and non-toxic makeup products about six months ago, I went with the Honeybee Gardens mascara. It has a bit of a smell to it that I noticed for awhile, but I’ve adjusted to it now and I really like the mascara!
Katelin-I need to explore this makeup line more. I’ve heard of it but never tried it. Thanks for reminding me!