When I first started using oils on my skin rather then lotions, I remember being frustrated that often times the product would just sit on top of my skin making me feel so greasy. I later discovered I was using way too much oil at one time and also learned that oils have different absorption rates. In this DIY face oil recipe, I have chosen fast absorbing oils that your skin will drink up fast for deep hydration and anti aging action!
It’s mid summer and I’ve been using a new fast absorbing DIY face oil for the last 2 months. This face oil is quite special because it absorbs into the skin fast. It contains an interesting combination of ingredients that not only penetrate quickly, they penetrate deeply! The great thing about this fast absorbing DIY face oil is that my skin drinks it up, literally. It absorbs so quickly and replenishes my skin after sun, swim and sweat!
I post a lot of DIY face oil recipes and wasn’t going to post this one for that very reason but since it’s rare that you find a concoction of oils that absorb quickly, I thought I better get it documented!
DIY Fast Absorbing Face Oil Ingredients:
- I added marula oil because it’s been known to reverse sun damage. It’s also healing and high in vitamin C and E.
- Baobab is super high in antioxidants-it is more antioxidant rich then goji berries and matcha!
- Pomegranate oil is one of my favorites these days. It helps balance pH, encourages collagen and elastin production and improves skin tone. You’ll find it in my anti wrinkle eye stick and my beauty sleep in a bottle face oil.
- Squalane is technically not an oil but I love it’s texture. It penetrated deeply, stimulate blood circulation, regenerates damaged skin cells and acts as a protective barrier. Squalane has become one of my favorites ever since my squalane serum recipe.
- I’ve been using Helichrysum essential oil in my skin care lately. I used it in my most recent winter DIY face oil recipe. I like it because it’s known to help regenerate skin cells and reduce age spots. It’s one of those essential oils that is an investment. It has an incredible reputation for being extremely helpful to the skin. Of course, if you’d prefer to leave it out, just adding lavender is fine. A less expensive option is geranium essential oil.
Fast Absorbing DIY Face Oil
Add all the ingredients into a 1 ounce glass bottle with a pump or dropper. Gently shake to combine.
I get all my ingredients from Mountain Rose Herbs due to their quality and integrity. The ingredients in this DIY face oil are all so good and can be used in countless other DIYs.