I LOVE this DIY or BUY series! I promise I’ll start scouting other products then my own soon but today, we’re going to discuss oil cleansing and my DIY Detox Oil Cleanser a.k.a the Oil Cleansing Cleanser! Funny side note, the original recipe is actually it’s own DIY or BUY but it was before I started this series and I didn’t call it that. It is actually my version of a more natural dupe of the highly popular and EXPENSIVE Eve Lom Cleanser. This cleanser costs upwards of $100 and contains mineral oil. It blew my mind when I started to disect it’s cheap, synthetic ingredients. I quickly realized how great a cleanser it would be if I could recreate it naturally! So that is what I did and now years later it is one of my most popular recipe as well as one of my most popular Etsy items to sale!
Personally, this cleanser is responsible for reforming my skin. When I discovered oil cleansing I was a bit leary that it would actually cleanse the skin, much less detox the pores. After incorporating oil cleansing into my nightly skin care routine, I quickly began to reap the benefits so many were raving about. This cleanser was what I began to oil cleanse with and while I’ve made several variations on the oil cleanser theme, I always come back to this one. It’s gentle, nourishing and detoxes without stripping the skin of it’s natural oils.
Detox Oil Cleanser:
- Heat apricot kernel oil, castor oil and cocoa butter and beeswax in a glass bowl, placed in a pot of water. Only turn your stove top to medium heat.
- Once the butter and wax is fully melted, remove from heat and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add essential oils and pour into a 4 ounce jar.
- Let cool until cleanser hardens-This could take up to 1 hours. Feel free to put yours in the fridge.
- Scoop out about a quarter size amount into your palm.
- Massage all over skin for 1-2 minutes.
- While massaging, run hot water over a soft wash cloth or a baby wash cloth like THESE.
- Wring cloth out and place over your face, pressing it into your skin.
- Once the cloth cools, run under hot water again and repeat step 4 1-2 more times.
Once again, this is one of my absolute favorite DIYs I’ve ever done. Like I’ve mentioned before, I only sale the products I can 100% back up. They are the ones that I personally love and feel are effective and safe. They are also the ones that get the most feedback so I know it’s not just me! Buy the Detox Oil Cleanser HERE.