Sometimes I make balms just to experiment with color. Sometimes they turn out to be just another balm I’ll eventually slather on my skin to try to heal the dryness. However, there are a few recipes that turn out to be quite enjoyable, beneficial and pretty. This DIY Green Tea balm turned out to be what I’ve been using on everything from my lips before bed to my hands and even heels. It smells so good and that was a happy accident too! This is one you’ll want to make just because.
I posted HERE about how I infused hemp seed oil with green tea leaves. It’s a very beneficial and safe oil for anyone who experiences congested skin. Hemp seed oil is non-comedogenic which means it will not clog pores. Green tea is fantastic for calming down redness and inflammation as well as delivering a punch of anti aging action! Combining these 2 ingredients makes a lovely anti aging oil for tricky skin types that need clearing and balance but also need anti aging support.
More Green Tea Recipes:
- Green Tea Cucumber Toner
- Green Tea Ice Cubes for Puffy Skin
- Green Tea Infused Hemp Oil
- Green Tea Toner for Acne Prone Skin
- Matcha Vanilla Lip Balm
- Matcha Blueberry Mask
Jojoba oil is a great addition because it is also non-comedogenic and very much recommended for oilier skin types.
My new green tea infused hemp oil is the perfect ingredient for a balm that will serve as a moisturizer throughout the winter. I had originally intended for this balm to be an eye treatment and so while I do use it around my eyes before bed, I’m basically using it on everything else as well!
You don’t have to infuse hemp oil to use it in this recipe though. Feel free to use plain hemp seed oil minus the infusion.
This recipe has an interesting blend of essential oil. I wanted to go out on a limb and experiment more with essential oil combinations, mainly for scent rather than skin benefits and I can’t believe how great this balm smells. Of course you don’t have to add all these essential oils. You could just add one if that’s what you have. I highly encourage you to use all of them if you have them. I stumbled on quite a good combo!
DIY Green Tea Balm
- 1 TBSP. Green Tea Infused Hemp Oil (see post HERE) or (find Hemp Oil HERE)
- 1 TBSP. Jojoba Oil (find it HERE)
- 2 tsp. Beeswax (find it HERE)
- 2 drops Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 3 drops Lavender Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 3 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 3 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 2 drops Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- Fill a medium sized pot half way full with water and place on the stove top at medium heat.
- Place a glass pyrex measuring cup in the pot with water.
- Add beeswax, hemp oil and jojoba oil to the glass cup.
- Allow the beeswax to thoroughly heat.
- Remove from the heat and add essential oils.
- Pour into a glass 2 ounce jar and allow to cool and harden. Check THESE pretty jars out!
I actually made this balm several months ago. I tend to have bursts of inspiration and create several products in one day. I often will photograph them and then start to use them. Whether they make it on the blog depends on if I end up liking them enough. This product was tricky because it turned out to be such a versatile balm and I feel like I’ve posted quite a few of those lately. I went ahead and posted it though because it is the one DIY I’m using consistently using and enjoying!