I’m really excited about this post because it’s a total game changer when it comes to skin. I’m always on the mission to find safe and easy ways to de-puff. Whether it’s from unhealthy habits or allergies, puffiness is a serious bummer. I wrote THIS and THIS post not long ago all about it. Face puffiness is an issue for most of us, especially after a late night or a not-so-healthy dinner the night before but luckily the easiest, most effective way to combat it is ice. Add aloe vera to the ice, and you’ve got a skin loving, de-puffing, affordable way to kick the puff! Aloe ice cubes are a fun and easy way to up your skin care game!
After seeing a Youtube video, I knew I had to try using aloe stems for my next ice facial. I ran to Whole Foods to buy an aloe leaf and began chopping. The end result was a highly effective ice treatment that instantly brightened my skin and de-puffed my under eye bags. This method is so simple you’ll kick yourself like I did for not thinking of it before now!
First though, let me re-fresh your memory on the benefits of ice on the skin.
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Stimulates collagen
- Primes skin for makeup
- Reduces redness
- Reduces puffiness/swelling
- Shrinks and fades pimples
- Reduces pain (great before and after a lip/brow wax)
- Relieves sunburns
- Prevents the formation of wrinkles
- Constricts the pores
- Soothes irritation
- Encourages lymphatic drainage
1. Wash a large aloe leaf.
2. Chop the leaf in 1 inch sections and discard the thinner top of the plant.
3. Chop your inch pieces into smaller squares.
4. Remove one end and the sides of your squares to create a smooth surface.
5. Place on a plate and freeze.
6. Once frozen, store in a zip lock in the freezer.
Aloe Ice Facial:
- Cleanse skin.
- Use 1 square and rub all over the skin until the aloe has thawed, paying close attention to around the eyes where fluid can collect.
- Allow skin to dry. Do not rinse!
- Moisturize if needed.
Benefits of Aloe on the Skin:
- Accelerates healing
- Antibacterial, Anti fungal & Antiviral
- Encourages new cell growth
- Antioxidant Rich
This method is ingenious. Like I said, I wish I had figured it out sooner. Find the video I watched HERE.
I’ve been using my aloe ice cubes everyday for a week now. My skin looks tighter, brighter and I have way less puffiness earlier in the day. This is such a simple yet natural way to nourish and beautify your skin. Whole Foods has huge aloe leaves in their produce department but you could also use leaves from your own plant.
Have your already tried this? What do you think? Is it me or is this the coolest thing?!