I’m always watching out for new (or at least new to me) beauty treatments that are natural, affordable and effective. I’m probably not ever going to tell you to run to your local spa and get a $200 sperm facial. I truly am a minimalist and this helps when you’re trying to stay natural and go easy on the wallet. I had heard of the benefits of ice on the skin for quite sometime but it wasn’t until my face swelled up like a balloon thanks to pollen literally taking over the outdoors, that I decided it was time to give it a try.
Ice is possibly the cheapest and easiest skin treatment that will actually improve your skin. It’s been around for a while-you might recall the opening scene of Mommy Dearest? Also, Kate Moss has revealed it’s one of her most used beauty tips. I think everyone knows that icing can reduce inflammation, but icing the face actually has many more exciting benefits and can help every skin type!
So how can exposing your skin to cold improve it’s health? Well, cold stimulates the central nervous system to release endorphins and rev up circulation which increases oxygenation. Oxygen helps the skin heal, detox and renew.
Benefits of Using Ice on the Skin:
- Stimulates blood circulation
- Stimulates collagen
- Primes skin for makeup
- Reduces redness
- Reduces puffiness/swelling
- Shrinks and fades pimples
- Reduces pain (great before and after a lip/brow wax)
- Relieves sunburns
- Prevents the formation of wrinkles
- Constricts the pores
- Soothes irritation
- Encourages lymphatic drainage
- Cleanse your skin.
- Wrap one ice cube in a muslin, gauze or any kind of soft cloth. I like THESE.
- Hold it on different areas on the face that need extra attention.
- Move the ice using circular movements. Go up along the chin and the jaw line, up the cheeks, and along the forehead and nose. Be very gentle with the skin around your eyes.
- Finish with toner, serum or moisturizer. Remember, wet skin is more permeable which will help with the penetration of skin care products!
Personally, I just use THIS product because it is so much easier and super affordable!
I am obsessed with my ice roller and look forward to using it daily. I’m not a fan of adding steps to my skin care routine but this one I don’t mind. Icing your skin gives you such a smooth, radiant look. When you follow up with a hyaluronic acid serum you get totally airbrushed looking skin! Plus, icing the skin actually primes it for foundation!
Not only do I use this roller for reduced puffiness, it also feels amazing. I can’t explain it any better then saying my skin feels alive after rolling.
I roll for about 2-3 minutes after oil cleansing then follow up with the rest of my skin care routine, then makeup.
And for the record-this is not a sponsored post-no one sent me this roller. I happened to see it on my Amazon suggestions and the rest is history!
P.S. Stay tuned for more ice facial tips-the possibilities are endless!