The flu is such a hot topic right now. Every night on the news I’m hearing of another fatality due to the flu. I feel that the news as well as the majority of doctors are scaring us into either getting the flu shot or highly considering it. Even armed with information, I still feel anxiety over the flu epidemic and the push to get a shot. So, I ran across some info. from a very trusted source and felt like I needed to share it immediately. I’m basically regurgitating this information from The Truth About Cancer. It was so well presented that I didn’t feel I could be any more thorough.
Disclaimer: I am not a health care professional. Flu shots are a controversial subject. I’m sharing my own beliefs and convictions from my own research for you to do with what you want.
First off, let’s get real basic. What is the concept behind vaccines? ” Vaccines involve injecting a person with a partial material of an infectious agent. It is believed to pass immunity from one individual to another to protect us from infection. Substances called adjuvants are also added. These are designed to stimulate the body’s immune response to the infectious particle so that antibodies can be created to defend against an attack.”
What’s in the Flu Vaccine?
- Formaldehyde: Intended purpose is to inhibit bacterial contamination during vaccine manufacturing process. This preservative is listed as a human carcinogen by the International Agency for Research on Carcinogens (IARC). It’s known to devastate the immune system and cause cancer.
- Thimerosal/ Mercury: Thimerosal is a mercury-containing compound used in multi-dose vials as a preservative. Its intended purpose is to inhibit bacterial contamination. Exposure to mercury causes damage to the kidneys and brain and is associated with inflammatory diseases such as autoimmune disorders.
- Egg Protein: Residual materials from the cell cultures used to produce the virus in egg is left behind. Foreign proteins such as egg protein are metabolized into amino acids and may cause severe allergic reactions.
- Sucrose and Gelatin: Sugars and gelatin are used as stabilizers to protect the vaccine throughout transport and storage. Like egg protein, gelatin is a protein that can cause allergic reactions including anaphylaxis.
- Aluminum salts: Salts such as aluminum hydroxide, aluminum phosphate, and other mixed salts are added to the flu vaccine to stimulate the body’s immune response to produce antigens against the virus. Aluminum has been clinically shown to cause autoimmunity, neurological diseases including multiple sclerosis, and local adverse effects to the site of injection including fatigue and muscle pain.
- Neomycin: Another residual agent, neomycin is an antibiotic that is added during manufacturing of the vaccine to inhibit bacterial contamination. Like any other antibiotic, neomycin reduces bacteria in the gut and is associated with weakened immunity. Neomycin is also associated with causing an allergic reaction, impairing hearing and nerve function, and is also linked to kidney damage.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): A common substance found in all vaccines, MSG acts as a stabilizer to prevent degradation against light, heat, humidity, and acidity. MSG may trigger an allergic response in some individuals and is associated with cell damage and cognitive decline.
- Polysorbate 80: This ingredient has often been added to previous flu shots to help ingredients dissolve together. Polysorbate 80 is known to cause irritation to the skin, eyes, and the respiratory and digestive tract. It has been associated with metabolic dysfunction and a weakened immune response. Its toxic effects on humans when chronically exposed have not been established.
Side Effects of Getting the Flu Vaccine:
- Swelling, pain, and redness to injection site
- Nasal congestion
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Brain inflammation
- Bell’s palsy
- Limb paralysis
- Guillain Barre Syndrome (neurological disorder)
Is the Flu Vaccine Worth It?
Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that getting a vaccine will prevent you from the flu. In fact, the chances only slightly decrease that you will be protected. Below is a word for word explanation about how the flu vaccines work and the unlikely chance of it protecting you.
“There is no single virus that causes the flu and there is no single flu vaccine that protects against all strains. Scientists have to make their best assumption as to which they think will be the most common threat of flu season. More than 3,000 various strains of the virus are narrowed down to 3 viruses to create protection against.
In other words, the flu vaccine does not protect you against all influenza viruses which you may fall ill from. Each flu vaccine contains components from the 3 predicted viruses so that the human body can increase its production of antibodies. Not a reliable science − this assumption also does not take into account the fact that viruses are constantly adapting to the environment. This decreases the likelihood that your flu vaccine guarantees you protection.
Even if you are fortunate enough to receive a vaccine for the proper strain of virus it will be useless if your body hasn’t produced a full response (which takes 2 weeks) or if there is too much time (over 3 months) between the vaccine and viral exposure. The virus may have adapted over time to create a structure the body fails to recognize.This means that your body may fail to equip itself in the initial 2 week vaccination period and the antibodies your immune system has produced may no longer recognize the changed virus or viruses 3 months following vaccination.”
Natural Ways To Protect Against the Flu:
- Vitamin D-I believe this is one of the most efficient ways to protect against illness. The problem is, it’s hard to get adequate amounts during the winter. That’s why flu is so common in the winter. 15-30 minutes in the sun a day can do wonders. In fact, I am actually getting D-Lite treatments to combat my serious lack of vitamin D. I’ll do a whole post on it ASAP. I also take THIS supplement.
- Stay hydrated-A dehydrated body succumbs to so many different ailments. Divide your weight by 2 and drink that many ounces daily. It’s vital.
- Take a zinc supplement. Find one HERE.
- Take probiotics. Supporting your gut is essential to health. I believe all disease starts in a compromised gut. I take THESE.
- Get enough sleep! A lack of sleep can lead to many issues. Our body heals itself while we sleep. Give it enough time to do so.
- Diffuse essential oils. Essential oils can rid the air of contaminants. Not being able to open windows and circulate air is detrimental. Diffusing THIS oil daily can help.
- Load up on veggies! Make that smoothie a daily habit but lower the sugar from fruit and UP THE KALE OR SPINACH! Incorporate as many greens in your day as possible. Veggies heal.
- Vitamin C supplements. Find it HERE.
Why, you may ask are vaccines being pushed if they are unsafe? Long story short-pharmaceutical companies are making trillions of dollars a year and with that comes a load of influence and power. We get sicker, they get richer-it’s that simple.
Our body’s best defense is it’s immune system. Our bodies are made to be self healing and self regulating. They have an intelligent response to foreign invaders in the body. Once you opt for medical intervention, you are weakening your body’s natural response. Supporting the immune system should be a daily effort. By getting a flu shot, you are weakening your immune system greatly. You are also more susceptible to catching, shedding and spreading the virus for years to come. Check out THIS and THIS video via Facebook to learn more about vaccines.
If you’d like to read more about the dangers of vaccinations via Dr. Mercola, a trusted source for information. go HERE. I’m also pouring over Dr. John Bergman as well. Go HERE for a few of his vaccine posts.
I hope you found this informative and that it helped clear up the confusion. Stay well and trust your body!