Happy October 1st! This is, hands down my favorite month of the year! So in honor of October, let’s do something fun!
So I’m always checking out other beauty blogs and came across the coolest idea for a manicure-Forgive me for not saying where I found it first because my computer pooped out and I lost my tabs! This type of mani. is really nothing new though, google it and you’ll see. Anyway, a newspaper print manicure is new to me and hopefully to you too!
I fell in love with the look of newspaper print on a light nail-it reminded me of Edgar Allen Poe and fall. I’m not sure why but I’m rolling with it.
This couldn’t be easier so let’s get started!
What You’ll Need for a Newspaper Print Manicure:
- Rubbing alcohol
- A small bowl
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Light Polish-I used Essie-Sand Tropez
- 10 small newspaper clippings
- Apply a base coat-This is optional. I like to do it to protect my nails plus it makes the polish go on a bit smoother.
- Apply 2 coats of color.
- Dip 1 finger into alcohol.
- Place a newspaper clipping over the top of the nail-Make sure the paper is totally wet. If not dab a bit more alcohol over the top.
- Press for 15 seconds. BE SURE NOT TO MOVE THE PAPER AROUND!!!
- Remove paper and move to the next nail.
- Apply a top coat to seal in the ink.