My daughters just went back to school and I’m reminded how germy little kids can be! I mean, I know how forgetful my kids are in the bathroom-I can’t imagine 20 plus kiddos using the same bathroom-EWWWWW!
Our immune systems have never been so taxed since both my daughters have been in school. We are constantly fighting illness. If it weren’t for Shield Essential Oil Blend, we would be sick constantly.
Most essential oil companies have their version of Shield. Young Living calls their blend, Thieves. DoTerra calls theirs, OnGuard just to name a few….
My ingredients/essential oil company of choice, Mountain Rose Herbs has their own version and they call it Shield! Mountain Rose Herb’s essential oils are organic, non diluted and high quality! They also have a certified in-house aromatherapist to analyze their essential oils to ensure consistent quality. They have a huge selection and their prices are much lower then YL! Explore their essential oils HERE.
Shield Essential Oil Blend is a blend of clove, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus, and rosemary. It contains no carrier oils or fillers. This blend fights viruses and bacteria like no other oil.
The interesting history of this blend is that the “thieves” of the plague in 15th century England covered themselves in this blend in order to survive robbing the dead bodies. Lovely, huh? Surely it can protect us from a bunch of kindergartners.
Many studies have shown that this blend creates a deadly environment for viruses, bacteria, parasites, infections, microbes and mold. Go HERE to read loads of studies about this exact blend.
The germ fighting action is incredible with this blend and I would suggest it as a staple during the winter season and school year.
Not to mention the elephant in the room, a year long pandemic with no end in sight. Shield blend is an excellent defense against a virus.
10 Uses for the Essential Oil Shield Blend….
- Diffuse-find a diffuser HERE. Diffusing Shield kills airborne germs and should be diffused daily, but especially during illness. Diffuse in your child’s room at night to keep the air fresh and free of bacteria.
- Drop one drop in 8 ounces of water to strengthen the immune system. I usually do this every couple of hours once I feel a sickness coming on. (this is very controversial-many don’t believe in ingesting essential oils, but I believe this method has prevented many a cold-proceed at your own risk).
- Apply to the bottoms of feet to rev up immune system.
- Combine 12-18 drops with 24 ounces of vinegar to create a germ killing cleanser for surfaces.
- Spray on hands to disinfect harmful germs. See below for spray recipe.
- Add 4-6 drops on a wet wash cloth or even cotton ball and throw in the dryer for a DIY dryer sheet!
- Apply 1-2 drops to cold sores, fever blisters, boils for accelerated healing.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to the throat to soothe a sore throat. (probably shouldn’t say this, but every time I get a sore throat, I apply Shield directly on my skin wherever I’m experiencing the pain and 9 times out of 10 I wake up feeling 100%!-be warned-it does burn!)
- Add a drop to your toothbrush or mouthwash.
- My car diffuser-cheap and yet so effective, is a staple during the school season. This little baby plugs into your cigarette lighter and diffuses essential oil through out your car. I find this so effective when picking up my daughters from school.
DIY Hand Sanitizing Spray
*I like to use vodka because alcohol helps kill more bacteria then witch hazel. Plus, vodka doesn’t have much of a smell, especially when up against an essential oil blend. Plus, if you’re a bad ass, you can spray it in your mouth when you feel a sore throat coming on!
- Combine in a 1 ounce glass spray bottle and shake.
- Spray on hands to kill germs.
I spray this on both my daughter’s hands each time I pick them up from school. It’s quick and easy and works wonders. I also spray it right into the heater/air conditioner to disperse it throughout the car, works as an alternative to a car diffuser.
Of course, building up the immune system with a living probiotic like Flourish (learn all about it HERE), managing stress, getting enough sleep and nutrition and a few supplements like zinc and vitamin D will help greatly.
Buy Shield Essential Oil Blend HERE.
Also, for my DIY recipe of Shield, go HERE.
Happy germ fighting!