So there’s this new, crazy way to wash clothes without toxins-with nuts. Yeah, you heard me, NUTS! Eco Nuts is an up and coming laundry detergent line that utilizes the soap berry-These nuts actually contain soap and release soap when shaken in water. Not only are they all natural, they also soften your laundry as well. Plus, Eco-Nuts will save you a lot of money because of how little is used to effectively wash a load of clothes. Too good to be true?
Did you know that detergents are one of the most toxin filled products you can use? There are so many toxic chemicals in regular laundry detergents due to a high amount of fragrance and a high amount of suds. When you think about it, we probably wash our clothes once a week, but the danger is everyday assuming we wear clothes everyday! I mean, think about your underwear full of toxins. Uhhhhhh????? Switching to a non-toxic detergent can be daunting as well as expensive. It was a process for me honestly. It took me some time and some researching to realize that bubbles and fragrance don’t equal clean clothes.
First off, lets talk about what this company claims-
- Soap Nuts grow on the Soap Berry tree in the Himalayas.
- They are actually not a nut at all-They are a dried berry.
- The soap from the berry penetrates the fibers of your clothing, lifting stains from the fabric, and leaving dirt suspended in the water that is rinsed away.
- They are very gentle and safe for people with sensitive skin and babies.
- Eco-Nuts are wild-harvested meaning they are free of pesticides, fertilizers and chemicals.
- They are certified USDA Organic by Oregon Tilth.
- Eco Nuts are nut allergy safe because they aren’t a nut, they’re a berry!
- This type of soap is very gentle on fabrics.
- Eco Nuts is also a natural fabric softener.
- Eco Nuts produces low suds but has high cleansing power!
How to Use:
Eco Nuts comes with a muslin bag (picture below). You place 4-5 Eco Nuts in the bag and throw it in the wash. Turn on your normal cycle and that’s it. You can use the same bag and nuts for about 10 washes. The nuts progressively get thinner and thinner so this is when you know it’s time to re-fill your bag.
Eco-Nuts also comes in a liquid detergent form which works like any other detergent. Just a few pumps does the job!
When my package of “detergent” came in the mail I could not believe it was literally a box of nuts. How could this clean my clothes??
I’ve used Eco-Nuts for a month now. I’m thrilled with Eco Nuts. First off, it’s beyond easy. This box is going to last forever and my clothes actually smell fresher then when I use the natural detergent at Target.
I also love that I’m not throwing away 20-30 cartons a year-who knows where that plastic ends up!
The only draw-back is that I often forget to find the bag and I end up throwing it in the dryer. The website says this is OK but my guess is, it’s not a good idea if you want your nuts to last 10 loads.
Overall, I would suggest you try these-I think they’re awesome! I will finish my box and promptly by another!
>>One last thing I suggest is to keep your load on the medium to small size. The Eco Nuts need room to work their magic. The more they can move around, the more soap is released.
Find Eco Nuts HERE. Did I mention it’s only $10 a box for 100 loads??!!
P.S. I just ordered THESE dryer balls-I plan to drop essential oils in them for lavender fresh clothes!