I spent a day playing in the kitchen-I had no agenda or direction and ended up with an “out of the ordinary” DIY lip balm since I added sugar and vanilla extract which I don’t normally do! This is such a fun and festive DIY lip balm with vanilla and peppermint and I had to share it during the holidays because it would make such a fun gift!
Plus, you might just have everything you need without having to grab anything-Lord knows, vanilla and sugar are in abundance in my home during the holidays!
DIY Lip Balm with Vanilla and Peppermint
1/8 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp. sugar
- Make a double boiler by filling a medium pot half way full with water and placing a glass pyrex cup in the pot.
- Add all ingredients except the essential oil to the cup and heat on medium heat.
- Allow the wax to melt thoroughly while stirring the mix to help the sugar dissolve.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint.
- Pour into a 1 oz. tin. Find one HERE.
This recipe will barely make 1 oz. Feel free to double or triple it!
The sugar has a hard time dissolving. Stirring is definitely necessary. The extract also has a hard time mixing. You might want to continue to stir your lip balm after it’s been poured into the tin. This will disrupt it’s smooth appearance but it will help evenly disperse the vanilla.
This DIY lip balm tastes so good! And of course, beeswax and oil are great for moisturizing dry lips!
More DIY Lip Balm Recipes:
- Peppermint Lip Balm in an Altoid Tin
- Mint Chocolate Lip Balm
- Squalane and coQ10 Lip Treatment
- Burt’s Bees Lip Balm Recipe
- Lip Line Eraser Balm
- Lip Potion Rollerball Recipe