I just recently did a post on a facial oil, explaining how potent and pure an oil is compared to a lotion. I probably don’t need to mention how incredibly easy it is to prepare an oil for the skin. It can be as simple as opening a bottle! But, today we should make something decadent for our loved ones-something that will suit many needs including poor circulation, cellulite and dry skin.
I think everyone could use extra circulation. The more circulation, the healthier the skin. When their is good blood flow in the legs, cellulite lessens as well as vein issues are relieved! Luckily there are several things that help rev up blood flow. Massage is a great way to encourage circulation as well as exercise. One of the best essential oils for blood flow is rosemary. I also use macadamia nut oil and sweet almond oil for added moisture. Shea butter is excellent for replenishing skin as well.
DIY Smoothing Body Oil
- 5 TBSP. Macadamia Nut Oil (find it HERE)
- 2 TBSP. Sweet Almond Oil (find it HERE)
- 1 TBSP. Shea Butter (find it HERE)
- 1 tsp. Vitamin E oil (find it HERE)
- 20 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- Fill a medium sized pot 1/2 way full of water.
- Place a glass pyrex bowl with a spout in the water and turn the stove top on to medium heat.
- Add macadamia nut oil, sweet almond oil and shea butter to bowl.
- Allow to melt.
- Remove from heat and add vitamin E oil and rosemary oil and lavender oil.
- Pour into a 4 ounce bottle.
Don’t forget a label!! I have made a label you can save to your computer and print from your own printer using the Avery website. I used THESE labels for this size bottle. I also enjoy using Stick You for my labels because they are waterproof and turn out gorgeous. Sticker You is affordable and easy to use. They ship fast and you can print different labels on 1 page.