I just recently did a post on a facial oil, explaining how potent and pure an oil is compared to a lotion. I probably don’t need to mention how incredibly easy it is to prepare an oil for the skin. It can be as simple as opening a bottle! But, today we should make something decadent, rich and full of natural goodness. A DIY body oil that will suit many needs including poor circulation, cellulite and dry skin! Plus, did I mention it doubles as an incredible DIY massage oil?!
I believe everyone could use extra circulation. The more circulation, the healthier the skin. When their is good blood flow in the legs, cellulite lessens as well as vein issues are relieved! Luckily there are several things that help rev up blood flow. Massage is a great way to encourage circulation as well as exercise. One of the best essential oils for blood flow is rosemary.
Benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil:
Rosemary essential oil can be a very helpful oil. Some of it’s benefits include hair growth, improve brain function, reducing pain and joint inflammation.
I use it in my DIY brow growth serum and have achieved impressive results along with many positive reviews from readers.
One of the most impressive benefits of rosemary essential oil is it’s ability to increase circulation. Due to my poor circulation in my legs and feet, I always add it to my personal body oils.
In one study, a woman with Raynaud’s disease (a disease that effects blood circulation in the hands and feet), massaged her hands with a rosemary oil blend. She found that it helped warm her fingers. These effects were confirmed by thermal imaging.
Rosemary essential oil is affordable, easily accessible and has a minty, bright scent! I like to use it in my DIY vapor rub.
DIY Massage Oil & Body Oil Ingredients:
- Kukui Oil is cold pressed and unrefined. It is an ancient Hawaiian hair and beauty treatment that locks in moisture and creates a barrier from damage. It’s very affordable and a perfect addition to any moisturizing DIY product.
- Shea Oil is an oil I am currently experimenting since I’ve never used it until now. It is rich in essential fatty acids, phytosterols and Vitamins A, E and F. It comes from the shea nut which is better known to product shea butter. So far I really like how it is light yet still moisturizes. Plus, it will not clog pores due to it’s comedogenic score.
- Hazelnut Oil is a light oil that absorbs quickly. It has been used to strengthen nails and even lengthen hair!
- Argan oil is a more popular oil that is very commonly used to encourage elasticity in the skin. I like using it in more luxurious DIYs. It can be very helpful in smoothing the skin.
- Lavender essential oil is added to this DIY massage and body oil because it’s my favorite scent and it pairs very well with rosemary. You can omit it if you’d like. It has a very calming effect though which makes it great if you’re using this DIY as a massage oil.
DIY Smoothing Body Oil
- 4 TBSP. Kukui Oil (find it HERE)
- 2 TBSP. Shea Oil (find it HERE)
- 1 TBSP. Hazelnut Oil (find it HERE)
- 1 TBSP Argan Oil (find it HERE)
- 15 drops Rosemary Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- 8 drops Lavender Essential Oil (find it HERE)
- Fill a medium sized pot 1/2 way full of water.
- Place a glass pyrex bowl with a spout in the water and turn the stove top on to medium heat.
- Add oils to bowl.
- Allow to melt.
- Remove from heat and add vitamin E oil and rosemary oil and lavender oil.
- Pour into a 4 ounce bottle.
This recipe could not be easier to make and may I suggest that it makes a great gift! Be sure to add a cute label and maybe tie a tag that includes the amazingly rich and effective ingredients! For a really cute label, sign up for my email subscription to get a PDF file that includes 12 custom labels, including a body oil label! Or copy the picture below to print just the body oil label. I suggest using THESE Avery labels and going to their website to use their template to print.