A few months ago I posted a recipe for DIY Toning Wipes. This DIY turned out to be such a hit around my home with my daughters, that I decided to experiment and figure out if I could make cleansing wipes in addition to the toning wipes. My daughters are at that age that they still have perfect skin but they are interested in learning how to take care of their skin. Easy to use cleansing wipes are so quick and mess free, I figured they would be a perfect introduction to their entry into the skin care world!
DIY Facial Cleansing Wipes
*Feel free the use any hydrosol. Cucumber is extra gentle and fresh but you could use rose, lavender or even peppermint!
- Add and stir all ingredients to a glass bowl.
- In a 7 oz. flip top glass jar like THIS, fill with cotton rounds. (I have mine peaking about an inch and a half out of the top because the liquid will push them down to fit once the jar is shut.)
- Slowly pour the ingredients over the top of the cotton rounds. You made need to remove 1/2 of your rounds and pour over the middle so that you ensure all cotton rounds get wet.
- Shut the lid and shake.
- Remove one cotton round from the jar.
- Swipe over your entire face.
- Follow up with a toner and moisturizer.
* These wipes are not meant to remove makeup. I like using mine on days I don’t wear makeup to make sure I remove the impurities of the day. You could also use them in the morning!
We love this DIY! It’s one that is so easy to make and I can feel good about the fact that it’s super natural and won’t cause a huge mess in the bathroom-lol! I think this DIY would be great for young men playing sports as well! They could carry them in their gym bag and use after practice! I hear all the time how helmets can cause major skin issues. I love educating kids on how to care for their skin and this DIY has inspired me to do a roundup of easy to use skin care for tweens and teens! Anyone interested in that?
I hope you decide to make this cleanser. It’s so easy and regardless if you have kids, it’s a great cleanser to fill in the gap if you oil cleanse and only want to do it at night. This cleanser could also be great on your bedside table for those lazy nights!! Hope you enjoy!