Not long ago I did a post on natural lines at Sephora. I was pleased to find that they had some options. I intended to do an Ulta post of the same nature and I’m so glad I’ve gotten around to it! Ulta carries some really wonderful, natural lines. I would say Ulta offers a much better selection of natural/organic products that I really trust. Sephora offers lines that boast being natural but I just wasn’t as familiar with their products and had to do a lot of research and ingredient reading rather then having knowledge from experience. Ulta, I feel has lines that I know well from personal experience and when online will take too long, a quick trip to Ulta allows me to not compromise my natural values.
Natural/Organic Lines at ULTA:
- Alterna (hair care) This line gets excellent reviews for hair-especially THIS product. I have yet to try them but fully intend on it.
- Babo Botanicals (babies and kiddos) Love this line for kids.
- Burt’s Bees (makeup, skin care and body care) Great for make up and body products. I haven’t tried them for skin care as of now.
- Butter London (nail polish and lip color) LOVE these polishes. They are 5 free as well. Read more about that HERE.
- Coola (sun care) You really can’t go wrong with Coola. They are my go-to every summer for skin care that has great, natural sun protection. I intend to try out way more of this line this summer.
- DermOrganic (hair care) I’ve not tried this line but they are certified organic.
- EOS (lip care and body care) They offer natural lip balms and a new body lotion line. They are my first choice for lip balm if you don’t want to make your own! I have tried their lotion and really like it.
- Juice Beauty (skin care) LOVE LOVE LOVE. THIS products is awesome. Another line I intend to dig in much deeper then I have!
- Pacifica (body care and fragrance) I love this line for body care. Super perfect for gifts and Ulta often offers buy 1 get 1 50% off.
- Shea Moisture (body and hair care) I’ve not tried it but they are organic and have great reviews.
- Tarte (make up) This has been my go-to for makeup. I know they aren’t the most natural but so far, I’ve had a hard time finding makeup that is natural and affordable as well as easily accessible.
- Yes To (skin care) I’ve used many of their products. I don’t think they are the most natural but they are way better then most.
Please comment below if I have over looked any natural/organic brands at Ulta! To me, Ulta is your best bet if you are out and about and needing to update your skin and body care products! Juice Beauty and Coola are probably my favorite when it comes to Ulta.
A really great collection of products under one roof. Juice Beauty sounds like a wonderful product. Will look at the research. Great post, thanks for sharing.
Linda-You are welcome!
Hi Burts Bees is owned by clorox now and lead was found in their lip gloss, we’re getting rid of all Burts bees products and switching to a company that didn’t sell out. Thanks for the tips
So sad after watching the burts bees documentary… He’s such a cute old farmer that got taken advantage of 🙁
Thanks for the list of items Ulta carries! I’ve not tried any of the hair care brands. I’ll have to check into those. I recently gave my makeup back a “makeover” after a trip to Ulta, purchasing only natural, organic, and/or vegan products. You can check it out here, if you wish! https://livecrunchyandfit.com/2015/04/a-peek-inside-my-made-over-makeup-bag/
I LOVE your blog!!
Haley-I’ll check your post out!! Thanks for sharing!
Your link is not working. I click on it and nothing happens. Would love to see your make up bag makeover! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
check out the app Thinkdirty.com…. It identifies the ingredients in products, what each one does for you, or how bad they are… I’m obsessed.
Kelly-I love it! I discovered it a few months ago and found it not helpful with many of the products I was using but lately they have been adding tons of products so I’m really excited to do a post on it and use it more! Thanks for sharing!
Just FYI: I’m pretty sure DermOrganic and Shea Moisture just use some organic ingredients. Otherwise, if they had almost all organic ingredients (I think like 95%) they would have a USDA organic seal. I just wanted to clarify because I personally wouldn’t call those lines organic until they have the seal. They are just green washing.
Also doesn’t Ulta carry the line Nourish Organic? They are USDA certified.
Emily-Good to know. I didn’t know that that’s what that seal meant. Thanks for sharing! I have never heard of Nourish Organic. I’ll check it out.
Nothing (less than 1%) of products are organic. Natural means product contains some natural ingredients. Organic means final product is 95% organic (bronners). Organic products would have a short shelf life and wouldn’t be marketablem
EOS tests on animals.
ASH-Yikes! Thanks for letting me know.
Fyi organic certified means final product is 95% organic. Most companies use processes to chemically alter ingredients then another to gain organic status. Simple answer… read ingredients.
Shea moisture is not organic