So sometimes I get a really serious sweet tooth. Sometimes I just need a chocolate cake. Have you ever made a huge cake because you just had to have something sweet and your 1 craving turned into several days of screwing up? I’ve so been there. I just wanted to cheat 1 time but because I hate to waste, I cheated 8 times. I decided to start working on a 1 serving recipe for chocolate cake that was calorie controlled plus didn’t contain oils, butters and tons of sugar. My recipe is exactly what I wanted. It is under 250 calories, isn’t super sweet and contains mostly natural ingredients. It’s no box cake but it hits the spot without screwing my low calorie, low sugar efforts up!
Chocolate Cake For 1
- 1 TBSP. Organic sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 TBSP. Organic Cocoa Powder
- 2 TBSP. Flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of apple sauce or 1 packet of kids a.s.
- 1 tsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- Add all ingredients together in a mug making sure to thoroughly mix with a fork (flour tends to stick to the bottom)
- Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Top with a few dark chocolate chips and maybe sprinkle some powdered sugar or whipped cream.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Let me say, this is not a super sweet, chocolaty cake. It is subtle and a bit dense. I really wanted to make something that would serve the purpose of relieving my sweet tooth without filling me with loads of sugar and synthetic ingredients. I had originally tried this with only an egg white in order to cut calories and let’s just say, it just didn’t work for me. You can do it but the consistency is different and it just wasn’t really worth the effort in my opinion.
While I was researching different recipes for this post, I stumbled upon a single serving box cake. Let me share because sometimes you just need the bad stuff!
- In a large ziplock bag, combine a box of angel food cake mix with a box of any cake of your choosing.
- Add 3 TBSP. of mixture into a mug
- Add 2 TBSP. water
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Voila-You have 1 serving of CAKE!
I’m always looking for ways to indulge without going overboard. I don’t believe in deprivation but I do believe in balance! Portion control is so key when trying to manage your health and your weight and let’s face it-sometimes it’s just too easy to eat WAY MORE then you should, especially when it comes to sweets! I hope you try this recipe if you are in need of a quick fix! I would love to hear your recipes for single serving deserts! Spill it!!