I’m on a roll with candy canes! Last week I shared a candy cane lip scrub and since I had loads of candy canes left over, I decided to just keep this train rollin’! This is such a cute DIY and I’m sure your friends and family would love a lip cream tucked in their stocking!
This is your typical lip balm recipe. The only difference is that you’re adding candy. Be sure to remember that you CAN NOT add the crushed candy canes in while you are heating the oils/wax. It seems like you could but trust me-it doesn’t work. You must add it in after you’ve removed from the heat and let cool for 20 minutes or so.
DIY Candy Cane Lip Cream
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil (find it HERE)
- 1 TBSP. beeswax (find it HERE)
- 1 tsp. finely ground candy cane
- 2 drops Peppermint Essential Oil (find it HERE) *optional*
- Grind candy canes thoroughly in a blender or food processor. I believe a coffee grinder would work. I used a mini food processor meant to make baby food-it worked perfect.
- Fill a medium sized pot 1/2 way full with water and place a glass pyrex measuring cup with a spout into the water
- Place on stove top and turn stove top to medium heat.
- Add sweet almond oil (feel free to use other odorless oils) and beeswax and allow to melt.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint essential oil.
- While mixture is cooling, stir periodically.
- When mixture is slightly warm, stir in about a tsp. of finely ground candy cane. *the more you add, the grainier your lip balm will be*
- Scoop into container(s) This recipe makes about 2 ounces. I used THESE 1 ounce tins.
Of course you need a cute label! I just happened to have this labels made for Christmas gifts so that’s why it doesn’t say “Candy Cane Lip Cream”, but I think it still works. Just save the below image to your computer and go to Avery. From there you can create your own labels! You’ll need THESE labels to print on.
Happy Holidays, Jenni