Achieving natural beauty comes from the inside out. What you eat, how much sleep you get, management of stress and level of contentment all play a roll in healthy, radiant skin. As women, most of us are on a constant journey in search of youth and beauty. When I was a young aesthetician I was taught that if you used the right products and got professional spa treatments that you could have perfect skin. The older I get, the more I realize there is so much more to consider. I believe in 10 healthy habits for beautiful skin. With these good habits in place and a little patience your natural beauty will shine bright!
1. Drink plenty of water. A good rule of thumb is to drink 1 quart of water per 50lbs of body weight. Water flushes out impurities and hydrates skin from the inside out.
2. Drink 1 green smoothie a day. Fill your smoothie with foods that are antioxidant rich like blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries. Leafy greens do wonders for skin-Spinach has a very mild taste and is hidden by fruit. Chia Seeds are an excellent source of vitamin C, magnesium, fiber, and omega 3’s. They are rich in antioxidants and have anti aging properties. They are tasteless and undetectable in a smoothie. I add coconut milk to my smoothie which is rich in vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 as well as iron, selenium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus! Throw an apple or banana in the mix and you’re getting quite the nutrient pact smoothie!
3. Get plenty of good quality sleep. 8 hours is the typical amount needed. You should try to keep relatively the same schedule on a daily bases so as not to upset your internal clock which can cause stress on the body.
4. Whenever possible make your own skin care. The less chemicals you expose your body to, the better.
5. Never allow your skin to get dry. Dry skin tends to wrinkle much easier than oilier skin types. When the skin is well moisturized, gravity does not wreak as much havoc.
6. Get plenty of Vitamin D, but always protect your face from too much sun. All the damage we inflicted on our skin during the first 30 years of life starts to become visible at the age of 30. Wide brimmed hats, large sunglasses and SPF are a must when out in the sun for a prolonged amount of time.
7. Limit alcohol. Alcohol dehydrates. Too much can make the skin look dull, rutty and thin. Never subject your skin to cigarette smoke.
8. Exercise is excellent for drawing blood to the skin. Raising your heart rate pumps blood to the surface which in turn oxygenates the skin cells. Good blood circulation in the face helps skin look young and refreshed.
9. Gently exfoliate every 2-3 days. The top layer of our skin dies monthly. As we get older our skin becomes less efficient with sloughing off dead skin cells. By exfoliating regularly you are helping reveal the new fresh skin waiting underneath. A simple mixture of coconut oil or olive oil and sugar is all you need!
10. Be happy! The more you learn to take care of yourself and find contentment, the younger you will look. You can usually spot a woman who is stressed, unhappy and nutrition and sleep deprived. It all shows in her face. Fulfilled people are easy to spot, they have less lines and bright eyes!
There you have it-make these 10 practices a habit and in no time your skin will glow!
What is your recipe for the green smoothie?
Jennifer-Here is my recipe for a green smoothie that I use almost daily-https://jenniraincloud.com/drink-your-veggies-2/
Your blog is great. I haws become many great ideas.
Can you tell me in witch program haws you made the (green) pic on the top of the post.
Greetings from Slovenia.
Anita-Thank you! I use picmonkey!