Lotion bars are really popular in the “DIY skin care world”. They are all over Pinterest. I have avoided them due to possible messiness and inconvenience. Well, I’m glad I bit the bullet and made some because they are so helpful for dry skin. Plus, for those of you looking for something a bit more solid then yesterday’s Body Oil, these DIY coconut lotion bars are for you!
Plus, they are just so cute!
What You’ll Need:
DIY Lotion Bars
- Fill a medium pot 1/2 way full with water.
- Place a glass pyrex bowl with a spout in the water.
- Add all 3 ingredients to the glass bowl and allow to melt.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils and/or vitamin E.
- Pour into molds.
- Allow molds to cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Be sure to tell your friend or family member to only use a small amount at a time-A little goes a long way and you will end up feeling like a greased pig if you use too much! I usually keep one bar by my bed and use just a bit a night.
You can also store these in a deodorant container for total convenience! I personally love putting it in “stick” form because it is so easy to use and your hands don’t get oily.