I am sold on Annmarie skin care. I wrote about the products I tried HERE and months later, I love their skin care even more. I feel that this skin care, out of all the different lines I’ve tried, is the most natural yet the most effective. I love the scent of every product I’ve tried and the fact that my skin loved the products as well was immediate and obvious. It’s true that sometimes a less natural product will deliver better results, faster. However, in the long run your skin will suffer. With Annmarie my skin felt smoother and looked brighter after using it for a few days. So, since I love the skin care so much, I decided to try their foundation. I can honestly say, out of all the foundations I’ve used, this looks the most natural with the most coverage.
This is the kind of makeup you can feel good about putting on your skin daily. They are 100% pure mineral powders with zero additives.
How To Use:
- Tap a small, pea-sized amount of powder into the palm of your hand.
- Add a facial oil or serum and mix together.
- Apply to your face using your fingers or a foundation brush until blended in.
For a matte finish:
- After moisturizing your face, tap a small amount of powder into the palm of your hand.
- Dip your brush into the powder, tap it on its side, then apply the powder to your skin in circular strokes.
- Create a smooth finish with your fingertips, a makeup sponge or brush.
I really hated to add the picture below but I wanted you to see how well it covers the redness in my skin. I used one application and it is sufficient. However, you could use two for more coverage. The color Sand is a bit pasty on me at the moment because I’m a bit tanner then usual but it is perfect 9 mos. out of the year. I end up fixing that pasty look with a bit of THIS bronzer and THIS blush.
In order to find the right match for your skin, you might want to consider ordering the mineral makeup sample kit.
THIS KIT CONTAINS ⅓ DRAM EACH OF:
- Pearl: Fair complexions with cool undertones
- Sand: Light complexions with warm undertones
- Honey: Light to medium complexions with warm undertones
- Olive: Medium complexions with warm undertones
- Nutmeg: Medium complexions with neutral undertones
- Maple: Medium to dark complexions with neutral undertones
- Mocha: Dark complexions with cool undertones
- Clove: Dark complexions with warm undertones
- Herbal Facial Oil for Normal & Combination Skin
Each kit comes with a $10 off coupon that you can use towards any full-sized products! Find the kits HERE.
A great perk of ordering the kit before purchasing the full size product is that you can actually use the different colors to contour! There is a great video HERE on exactly how to do it.
I ordered the color sand after deciding it was best from the kit. It comes with a little vial of Herbal Face Oil. I will say, it is not ideal to use the vial because it’s hard to determine the right ratio of oil to mineral powder. It is much easier when using the full size facial oil in the pump bottle. You can also mix it with your own facial oil or serum or just apply it dry for a matte finish.
The finish is flawless-I’m using no filter or air brushing. I wanted to make sure you can tell how well this foundation covers redness as well as how smooth it looks. I typically don’t love mineral makeup because it can tend to look pasty. Hence THIS DIY. However, the oil ensures that this foundation looks so natural and fresh.
Find Annmarie Minerals HERE.