My Facebook feed is literally swimming in Plexus. I had been ignoring the posts for more then a year until I met a fellow first grade mom who is quite successful health-wise and money-wise with Plexus. Long story short, I’ve been doing research ever since. I posted THIS post about their Probiotic and their magnesium supplement, BioCleanse. I am still taking these supplements and still benefiting from them. The famous “Pink Drink” seems to be Plexus’ claim to fame and because it’s marketed for weight loss I was skeptical that it could actually be natural.
Many hours of research later, I am still on the fence but I’d like to share what I’ve learned because so many of us are curious about this supposed miracle drink!
Actually, Plexus Slim was originally formulated to balance blood sugar. Weight loss was just a side effect. In fact, my dad who had a stroke about a year ago has been on Slim for several months and has been able to lower his blood sugar by drinking the pink drink everyday.
What is Plexus Slim:
Plexus Slim comes in a 10 calorie packet and is mixed with 12 ounces of water. Each package contains 30 packets. Many people say it tasted like a cherry tootsie pop and I agree. It is a daily supplement to be taken 30 minutes before a meal. It contains no gluten or MSG and is vegan and vegetarian. It does not contain stimulants. The natural caffeine component from the green coffee bean makes up only 2% of the drink. Plexus Slim can help control appetite as well as blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids.
What People are Experiencing:
- Weight loss-inches in particular
- Stabilized blood sugar
- Lowered blood pressure
- Lowered cholesterol
- Better sleep
- Thyroid support
- Extra energy
- Less appetite
- Alpha Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant and helps convert carbs into energy. Several studies have shown that it is helpful for people who have type 2 diabetes, HIV and has helped with weight loss. ALA can help the body use it’s own insulin to lower blood sugar. It has been known to reduce the pain and discomfort of diabetic neuropathy which is the burning and tingling of limbs. It might also help the liver in a person who has HIV.
- Chromium Nicotinate is a mineral. It has been used for controlling blood sugar, lowering bad cholesterol and raising good. It has also been used for easing symptoms of depression, polysistic ovaries, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and binge eating. It has been known to encourage weight loss by increasing muscle and lowering body fat. It is also a very helpful sleep aid.
- Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit that may help reduce the production of body fat. It was originally used to treat rheumatism and gastrointestinal issues. It is also known to curb appetite.
- Green Coffee Bean aka Chlorogenic Acid is taken for it’s fat burning benefits. It works by balancing blood sugar and revving up metabolism. It is also taken to treat obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, Alzheimer’s, and bacterial infections. It also has been known to lower blood pressure.
- Polydextrose is a synthetic form of fiber. It is used as a bulking agent to enhance flavor and add fiber.
- Citric Acid is used as a preservative and probably gives a bit of “tart” flavor as well.
- Beet Root is used for the pretty pink color. It is a natural “dye”.
- Stevia is a natural alternative to sugar.
- Natural Flavors-The label gives no indication about what exactly this is.
- Lua Han Guo Extract also known as monk fruit and acts as a natural sweetener.
I drank Plexus Slim for a month. At first it was the highlight of my day. It tastes so good. I looked forward to the sweet drink because it curbed my sweet tooth and truly hit the spot! I felt great and as far as weight loss I lost weight. Not a ton and I didn’t take my measurements but there was a loss. Soon after my 4th week I started feeling very IBS like. I was bloating big time and was experiencing a lot of stomach discomfort. It was then that I truly started to analyze each ingredient. I realized that polydextrose is a synthetic fiber. This is not a problem for 90% of people but for me, it’s a BIG problem. I had major issues taking fiber supplement such as psyllium and what I was feeling was the exact same thing. Any product that claims to have extra fiber kills my stomach because it’s usually a synthetic fiber like polydextrose. My friend suggested I double the water I was mixing it in and this helped but did not remedy the symptoms completely. She also suggested I take it with food. This helped as well but again did not erase my symptoms totally. Polydextrose is generally well tolerated. I’m in a small percentage. Because I don’t struggle with blood sugar and thyroid or need to lose weight I ended up letting go of the pink drink.
In conclusion, I really miss my pink drink. If Plexus would remove polydextrose, the one ingredient that is synthetic and intolerable for me, I would be back on board the Slim train. I really dislike polydextrose but do I think it’s a harmful ingredient-no, not really. It’s not natural and I wouldn’t seek it out but I don’t believe it’s harmful.
If you are struggling with blood sugar, I would consider giving this drink a try for at least a month. Testimony after testimony shows that the majority of people drinking Slim are seeing amazing results. Slim seems to balance the body in several ways causing people to have added energy and a smaller size! I must mention too that Plexus does offer a 60 day money back guarantee.
There are a few ways you can buy Plexus Slim–
- One-You can go to the website and buy it-that simple.
- Two-You can sign up as a preferred customer which will put you on an autoship (that you can cancel at any time) and you get a discount.
- Three-You can sign up as an ambassador like I did and get the highest discount. The only catch is that you pay $34 dollars a year. There are no monthly minimums. You just order your products. If you happen to want to order products for your mom and sister or friends you very likely will begin to earn a commission check. Plexus is a MLM company so there is a possibility to make money from your purchases.
I hope this was a helpful post and I cleared up some questions you might have had about the pink drink! I also hope this could be a solution for some of you. Please feel free to comment or ask questions below.
Find Plexus Slim HERE.