There’s a new craze in the natural world-Move over you plain ole’ smoothies in a glass! Say hello to spooning up your smoothies in a bowl! At first I wondered what the point was and what the difference was, but after mastering the “art” of the bowl, I’m quite enjoying this new trend!
That being said, there’s a huge learning curve on how to get your smoothie smooth, creamy and thick. Today I’m going to help you skip the dry runs and make a mouth watering smoothie bowl on your first attempt!
Tips & Tricks
- Freeze your bowl first!
- Use ONLY frozen fruit. A frozen banana really helps!
- Toppings make the bowl-Get creative with textures. Hint: Throwing some organic cereal, graham crackers or even a cookie are great incentive to get kiddos to spoon it up!
- Add in tasteless nutrition like raw spinach leaves, chia seeds and ground flax seed. This is especially helpful if you are trying to make a meal out of your bowl.
- Drizzle honey and a dash of cinnamon on the top-It makes your bowl simply out-of-this-world!
- Because smoothie bowls melt FAST, have your toppings ready to go before you’ve blended your smoothie.
- Add your liquid as your blending so that you only have to use what it will take to get the blender or food processor to blend. The key is to use as little liquid as possible!
- If you don’t have a high powered blender like a Blend-Tec or VitaMix, use your food processor.
- Honestly-If you love these bowls as much as I do-Break out your indoor ice cream maker and make enough for the whole family-This will ensure a thick, creamy ice-cream like consistency! A smoothie bowl for dessert might just get those birdies to stop chirping for candy!
- Coconut Water
- Coconut, Almond, Cashew Milk
- Apple Juice
- Pineapple Juice
- Orange Juice
- 2 TBSP. Nut Butter
- Chia Seeds
- Flax Seeds
Frozen Fruit Ideas:
- Berries-Raspberries, Strawberries, Blueberries and/or Blackberries
- Bananas (frozen)
- Berries (frozen berries are so yummy!)
- Chia Seeds
- Dried Coconut
- Sliced Kiwi
- Sliced Banana
- Sliced Nuts
- Organic Graham Cracker or cookie
- Organic Cereal
- Dark Chocolate Chips
My G0-To Smoothie Bowl Recipe:
A handful of spinach
1-2 cups of frozen pineapples and strawberries
1/3 cup Cashew or Almond Milk
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. of flax seed
I hope I’ve inspired you all to make a smoothie bowl! It’s so yummy and helps mix up the usual! My mouth is literally watering-I think I’ll go whip up another bowl-I experimented by literally eating my weight in smoothies this week, what’s one more?!