Keeping skin clear, smooth and glowing is a lofty task for most of us-myself included. I don’t write this blog from the perspective of, “I have perfect skin and I’m going to show you how I accomplished that”. I have mediocre skin. I always have. I have periods where my skin glows and is smooth and youthful and I have periods where my skin looks like crap and I’m embarrassed to be seen. I’m always on the pursuit of total body wellness but let’s face it, being indulgent is a hard habit to break and honestly not really one I want to break totally. Indulgence can be a form of self love until you cross that very thin line and your body pays for it. So I say that to say-I’ve been doing 2 things lately that have greatly improved my skin. One being exercise and the other being Annmarie Skin Care.
First let me touch on exercise. I’m pretty honest that I struggle with it. I used to be religious about it. From high school forward I always got 3x a week of 30 minute cardio. It’s not much but it was enough. It was enough to get blood flowing, manage my weight and not overwhelm me. Somewhere along the way I got overly ambitious and overwhelmed myself to where I stopped exercising all together. Now that I’m back and honestly I’m only doing 20 minutes 3x a week, the blood flow to my face is major. Within a week, I could tell my skin looked so much better.
Second, I changed my skin care routine. I was using all DIY products, then I switched to LifeDNA (which I reviewed here) and as of a month ago, I started using Annmarie Skin Care. While I liked LifeDNA, my skin didn’t respond to it like I had hoped. I shared it with you all because they are natural products that rely on your DNA to determine the best formula which is totally worth sharing. However, once I started Annmarie, my skin’s appearance was on a whole new level.
What I’m Using:
- Aloe Herb Cleanser This cleanser is extremely gentle, pH balanced and effectively and easily removes makeup. It is creamy in texture and contains a whopping 75 nutrients! It smells amazing too! I’ve been using it morning and night while taking a break from oil cleansing. There is absolutely no feeling of dryness or tightness after use.
- Anti Aging Serum This serum is water based and contains herb infused aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, tamanu oil and vitamin E oil just to name a few of it’s impressive ingredients. I use it after cleansing and before the facial oil. I typically skip the serums and opt for just a facial oil but because this serum is loaded with goodness completely different form a facial oil, I feel it is a necessary part of an anti aging skin routine.
- Anti Aging Facial Oil-I’m just in love with this facial oil. Lord knows, I’ve made my fair share of facial oils but never have I experienced such gentle yet obvious smoothing and rejuvenation as I have with this particular oil. It contains jojoba oil, chia seed oil, goji berries and plantago. It sinks deep into your pores almost immediately. It’s meant to not only hydrate but smooth fine lines and wrinkles. If there was one product I would try from this line, the Anti Aging Oil is it!
- Coconut Body Oil This year I have converted my body care from lotions to oils. I love using this oil right out of the shower. It is thoroughly hydrating and leaves my skin feeling and smelling so good! I’ve even used it to remove eye makeup and it was great! It contains coconut oil, milk thistle, lavender and rooibos. I could see using this on vacation if space was an issue. It’s a great all over moisturizer!
- Face Minerals-I can’t say enough about the mineral makeup. I’ve tried many brands and even made my own but I so often run into a thick, cakey look that isn’t glowy. This mineral makeup is meant to be mixed with a facial oil and looks incredibly natural on. My mother has broken capillaries on her cheeks and has a hard time finding makeup that will cover them. Using only a tiny amount, she was able to cover them instantly without looking like she even had makeup on! I am sold on this product 100% and will do a follow up post just on it. It comes in a sample kit (pictured below) so you can get the right shade.
What’s Special About Annmarie:
First off, did you know beauty companies don’t have to list every ingredient on their packaging? Shocking, isn’t it?! At Annmarie they list every single ingredient, believing in full transparency. This is one of the biggest reasons I promote DIY skin care. It’s total control. Even though a company claims to be natural, you have to trust them. There is no way to really know exactly what you are putting on your skin. Since 60% of what we put on your skin is absorbed into your body, your skin care needs to be clean.
From the people that work at Annmarie skin care to their impact on the environment, Annmarie keeps ethical practices a top priority.
Their products are non-GMO, unadulterated, organic and cruelty free.
On their website, under each product listing there are loads and loads of product reviews. Annmarie has only been around since 2009 but has an immense following of loyal nature loving clients. You could spend hours reading all their rave reviews of people experiencing results.
I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered a skin care line that is so close to nature on all fronts. I love their term “Wildcrafted”. It fits each product I’ve tried perfectly.
They have a full money back guarantee and that includes your shipping costs.
The great thing about Annmarie skin care is that you can purchase sample kits at $10-$20 to find out if you like the products before buying the full size. Also, the shipping is free and with your kit, you receive a $10 off coupon to use on your next purchase!
- Find the Restore Sample Kit for dry and aging skin HERE.
- Find the Balance Sample Kit for normal/combination skin HERE.
- Find the Pure Sample Kit for oily skin HERE.
- Find the Mineral Foundation Sample Kit HERE.
- Pure Essential Oils Sample Kit HERE.
I’ve got great news!! I’ve just discovered that Annmarie has 25% off for Memorial Day starting Saturday May 26th. This sale goes through Monday at midnight!! Perfect timing!!
Also, I am hosting a giveaway for 3 skin care kits!!
- Follow me on Instagram HERE.
- Follow Annmarie on Instagram HERE.
- Like and comment on THIS photo what kit you would like-Balance (combination), Purify (oily) or Restore (dry)
- Tag 2 friends that love natural skin care!
I will announce the winner Friday June 1 via Instagram!
I am so excited to have found this skin care line. I’ve been so inspired by their products in so many ways! Our bodies were meant to consume and commune in nature and this skin care embodies that thought. I hope you’ll give Annmarie Skin Care a try. Like I’ve said, ridding toxins from your life can be a daunting task but start with the products you use daily because those of the ones that are leaving the largest toxic burden on your body.
Have you tried Annmarie Skin Care? If so, what’s your favorite product?!