Welcome to brow week here @ Jenni Raincloud HQ! I couldn’t post about shaping eye brows until I tell you about brow tint to dye your brows! As I’ve said in past articles-brows rock my world! One thing I figured out early is-the more hair you have to work with, the better your shape will be! Hence my Eye Brow Serum post! While I have dark hair, my eye brow hair tends to be light and blonde. Dying brows is awesome for people like me and also for women trying to cover gray hair. There is a variety of different colors for every hair type, including auburn and graphite! I use light brown on my very blonde mother, and natural brown for me. I would never be able to perfect my brow shape if it weren’t for brow tinting-it really is a game changer…..
How to apply brow dye:
- Mix equal parts of brow dye and developer in a small bowl-the tint will dye anything it touches. I like to use a small glass tea light holder to mix mine.
- Apply to your brows in exactly the shape you would like your brows to be. I like to use Q-tips, but many people prefer a mascara wand (find HERE). The tint will dye your skin so when the dye is applied in the exact shape, it can enhance your brow shape greatly! You can use vaseline or even chapstick to apply where you don’t want the color to ensure you don’t end up with too much dye on your skin.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes. *light brown is a really safe color-I can apply it and leave on for around 20 minutes and still get a minimal amount of color. Natural brown is not that way-5 minutes goes a LONG way.
- Thoroughly remove with soap and water. If you don’t use soap, the dye will continue to darken-I know this by experience!
- You will most likely want to shape your brows soon after dying them-you might be surprised at how thick they look! Tune in on Thursday for my tips on brow shaping!
- I find that after about 2 days of washing my face morning and night, the dye lets up a bit and comes off my skin. *if your brows are too dark, the more you wash them, the faster they will fade.
A word of caution-It is very unusual, but some people have allergic reactions to brow tint. If you are concerned, you can test it on your arm 24 hours before applying it to your brows. Most likely if you aren’t sensitive to hair dye, you will be fine with brow tint.
I would advise using my links to find your brow tint-they are specifically formulated for the eye area and are safe. Never use regular hair dye around your eyes, if it gets into your eye you will have a problem.