I’m popping in for a quickie post on Frankincense essential oil. Not only can it be used for a number of important things, it’s also very gentle on the skin.
First, I want to say, some of these uses I have not tried on myself. I find these uses extremely exciting and think you might find them exciting too!
- Healing-Frankincense is incredibly good at healing broken skin due to it’s ability to repair cells, tighten skin and fade wounds. Not to mention it is anti bacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal which helps to protect a wound from infection. I add Frankincense to my neosporin alternative. Find that recipe HERE.
- Fades scars, age spots, sun spots and stretchmarks! I have heard this over and over and yet I still forget to make a simple roll-on with 1/2 frankincense and 1/2 rosehip seed oil. Whether this works I can’t say personally but many people have seen great results.
- Remove moles, skin tags and warts. Believe it or not, you can apply 1 drop of frankincense, 3-4 times a day and depending on the size your mole, skin tag or wart-it will disappear! I have done this on a skin tag and it works. It took 3 days. If you have a mole that has jagged edges and is growing, go see your doc to be safe.
- Frankincense actually makes other oils more powerful. It’s a great habit to add a couple of drops of frank to every DIY! It can also be layered on top of other oils to help the other oils penetrate deeper!
- Frankincense can improve vision. Uh? Say what? Yes. Another method I haven’t tried but many people say that when frank is pressed into the eye socket bone daily, eye sight improves! I’m definitely all in on this one. Of course be careful not to get it in your eye.
There are so many other uses for frankincense beyond these. I just found these to be incredibly useful. Some honorable mentions are it’s ability to reduce itch immediately. Due to it’s strong anti inflammatory properties, frankincense can relieve arthritis, reduce a headache and treat a bug bite. Do I even need to mention how helpful frankincense can be for cystic acne? Because it is so gentle, it can be used straight. Apply with a q-tip until the zit is gone! One more use for this oil is to relieve depression and anxiety. Simply apply this oil to the back of your neck through out the day. Diffusing is also helpful.
I wanted to get this post published today because Spark Naturals is offering 15% off Frankincense this weekend only! Use my code JENNIRAINCLOUD for 10% off as well! Plus, it’s a free shipping weekend! Frankincense is not a cheap oil but it is worth it and with this deep of a discount, you can’t pass it up!
Shop Frankincense HERE.