You might recall I did a review about a year ago on Nayelle Probiotic skin care. I literally finished each product down to the last drop and experienced great improvement in my skin. Not only did the skin care thoroughly hydrate my skin, which is no easy task, it also smoothed out the texture of my skin like no other skin care had done.
***Use code HOLIDAY30 for 30% off your order*** Shop HERE!
I actually quit doing product reviews for the most part because those post were getting old to most of my audience plus, I love my own product line for it’s simplicity. My skin responds to it well and I know it’s 100% free of hidden ingredients that might not be as natural as I prefer. However, I believe it can be very beneficial to switch things up once in a while when it comes to skin care and hair care. Plus I am experiencing an imbalance in hormones lately and needed something that would address my out of balance skin that was dry yet congested. I knew exactly where to turn and that was to Nayelle.
To my delight, Nayelle has created a new product called Glow. It is a facial oil with a rather small list of ingredients and a very unusual consistency then what we’re used to where facial oils are concerned. I was pumped to try it!
First off, let’s discuss ingredients.
- Rosehip Seed Oil
- Marula Oil
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- Moringa Oil
- Jojoba Oil
- Sweet Orange Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Retinyl Palmitate
- Sucragel AOF
- Symsave H
It’s a pretty impressive list of ingredients that most of us are familiar with except for the last 2. I’ll explain those ingredients later. First lets talk about the retinyl palmitate. Retinyl palmitate is the ester of retinol (vitamin A) combined with palmitic acid. Once it is absorbed into the skin it is converted to retinol. The good thing about this ingredient is that it is gentle on the skin compared to retinol. Most of us are familiar with the product Retin-A. It contains retinol which is meant to exfoliate the skin. Retinol is often irritating to the skin and can cause discomfort and flaking. Retinyl Palmitate is one of the most important vitamins for the appearance of the skin because of its small molecular structure. The tiny molecules have the ability to penetrate the outer layers of the skin and work to repair the lower layers where collagen and elastin reside. It facilitates communication between cells, encouraging aging cells to continue their renewal process, and regenerate collagen and elastin to prevent the appearance of aging skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. It is also effective at producing new, healthy skin cells to replace skin previously damaged by acne.
Sucragel is a natural sugar-based emulsifier and thickener. Symsave H is a safe alternative to preservatives. It is an antioxidant and is actually soothing to the skin.
Peter Jurkemik, Nayelle’s Chief Biochemist describes why he chose each oil for Glow. I found it full of great info. about each oil so I thought I would include for you.
- Jojoba oil is a no brainer as it is the best carrier oil with similar make up as our own skin sebum. This oil should be in everybody’s skin care routine. Jojoba oils main benefits are: good for sensitive skin, non-comodogenic ( not clogging pores), very safe, antioxidant rich, good source of vitamin E and act as an antibacterial.
- Moringa oil is somehow new to North American market. It has super quick absorption, is loaded with vitamins and minerals, and it is known to provide protection from free radical thus giving it a great anti aging properties. Free radicals increase aging as they damage your skin’s cells.
- Marula Oil is somehow a new kid on the block, but it is fast absorbing, light, and has a non-greasy texture. The key to Marula’s outstanding performance is its fine molecular structure which contributes to its effectiveness not only as a skin hydrator but also as a protector. Marula Oil is non-comedogenic and has anti-microbial properties which can help heal and reduce acne blemishes and scarring.
- Rosehip oil has been around for centuries and it is regarded as the queen of oils. This incredible oil is most well-known for its high concentration of natural vitamin A, in fact the highest of any pure botanical oil. Other benefits are it’s potent ability to reduce the depth of wrinkles, fade fine lines, lighten age spots, and promote over-all healing of damaged skin by boosting the growth rate of new cells and increasing collagen production deep under the skin’s surface. Also, because Rosehip Seed oil is lighter in weight than many other botanical oils used for skin care, it is ideal for people who want flawless skin without the feeling and appearance of an oily complexion.
- Meadowfoam oil is not well known but I suggest you get to know this oil as it is hidden gem among the oils. Primarily, because it contains anti aging properties. The amounts of tocopherol and antioxidants that it contains are helpful in reducing the damage that the skin experiences due to exposure to the elements. It also hydrates the skin and makes sure that water doesn’t easily come out of the skin (since more moisture contributes to a more glowing and elastic skin). This in turn reduces the occurrence of lines, scars, and rough areas on the skin, especially on the face.
Glow is made with 100% active ingredients, is a potent blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that improve skin by replenishing collagen and elastin!
Benefits of Using GLOW:
- Nourishes skin with Retinol rich oils to reduce appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Protects skin by locking in moisture
- Hydrates skin with a luminous glow
- Rebuild skin’s natural moisture barrier
According to Nayelle:
GLOW Age-Defying Face Oil is a featherlight oil formulated to deeply nourish, protect and hydrate your skin with the five highest quality luxury oils: Marula, Rosehip, Jojoba, Meadow Foam and Morning Seed Oil. These retinol rich oil’s replenish your skin cells to stimulate collagen and elasticity production and rebuild skins natural moisture barrier. As well, Marula oil is a natural anti-bacterial to say bye-bye to breakouts!
WHY USE A FACE OIL?
Face oils are an integral part to healthy skin as they act as a sealant to keep the moisture in. Your skin cells drink in the water provided by your moisturizer and the face oil is your little army man that stays on guard to protect that moisture. Worried about them clogging your pores? Don’t be as these oils are featherlight and sink into your skin. They won’t get stuck in your pore and cause blemishes.
This is the unusual part. It is recommended to use with the entire Nayelle line-which I totally recommend. It is expensive but so worth it if you’re like me and experiencing dry, aging skin. Especially if you are dealing with some adult acne in combination with dry skin. The cleanser, day and night cream are amazing. The Glacier Clay mask is incredible-It’s my favorite over the counter mask, hands down. Ok, but back to how you use it-You actually will use it your moisturizer. It actually locks in moisture that way!
It’s consistency is thick and it penetrates quickly into the skin. It wears well under my makeup as long as I use just 1 pump. It can also be used on top of makeup to create a fresh, dewy glow!
I’ve been using Nayelle (for the 2nd time) for over 2 weeks now and my skin is so much smoother! I’ve even noticed my wrinkles are diminished probably thinks to the facial oil! I highly recommend your try this line! It’s amazing!
Read all about Nayelle’s cleanser, day and night cream and mask HERE. I go into great detail on their exceptional ingredients and what they do for skin.
Want to win a bottle of GLOW?! I’m giving away one and I’ve made it super easy to enter!